Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,271

2 members and 3,269 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: Wanting a Ball Python

thanks allot

Thanks

Exclamation Re: Wanting a Ball Python

Quote Originally Posted by carcassfan
    Hey all, new guy here. Let me give a little background. I'm 25 years old and have been researching pythons lately. In the past I have had corn and king snakes but they were to agressive for my liking, especially the king. So all the reading I have done leads me to beleive that the BP's are the most mild tempered. Is this true? I'm really curious if any BP owners here have been attacked by their snake. I'm looking for something thats going to be mellow and not snappy if you know what I mean.

The other question I have is whether this would be a big enough viv for a full grown ball. I will probably get a baby but want something that will sustain it for life...this is what I was looking at:

HERE

also, would you reccomend putting 2 heat lamps, 1 on each side? and what wattage bulb?I know it will need a heating pad underneath. Also is it best to feed them in a seperate space? I hear this makes them less likely to attack you when you put your hands in the cage. True? I really appreciate any feedback on this and any other information you may have to offer which may help me in my new snake endeavors. THANKS!

You are going to have a really hard time controling the humidity with the open top. Either a solid wood top or one of the plastic containers that is always talked about on this forum are your best bets. Personally, I know how hard it was to get the humidity right and I didn't have the "open top" viv. There is no way to keep the moisture in for the NEEDED humidity on those vivs you posted.

Mackenzie
    1.0 CBCH BP Normal (Linda)
    Born Oct. 2005

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234