Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,192

0 members and 3,192 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: pics of my Ts

Thanks

Re: pics of my Ts

I looked! Where do the names come from?

Thanks

FD wants one (which was sooooooo surprising to me!) but she wanted a pet she could hold fairly frequently too. So, no T. That' one reason she chose and got her own snake in Kishnah.

She's happy, gets to handle Kish and all is good.

They're pretty, I've held one, but I'd never own one...esp. at $375 a pop. I can think of more enjoyable things to get w/my money....Like more SNAKES!

hee hee hee
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

well i'm pretty sure you haven't held a metallica... but another T of a more docile nature! metallicas are fast and their bite isn't pleasant at all so i'd never want to hold it.

i don't know where they get the names from... some are describing the T like OBT for instance,... it's actually a p. murinus but it's common name is OBT or orange bitey thing. it's very aggressive and fast.

now that being said, if you are careful and 'on the ball' when you are feeding etc. you don't have much to worry about. keeping 'catching equipment' close at hand (something to plop on top of them if they escape) and i use my paint brush a lot. when i open their enclosure, if they are close to the top i just gently brush their legs and they move to the bottom... usually running into their hide - as they don't really want to deal with you anymore than you want to deal with them LOL

but to look at.... oh man, they are soooo gorgeous. seeing them eat is cool. moulting is an amazing process and seeing their colours change with each moult, seeing what they are becoming - it's a gift to the senses!

AND it gives me the opportunity to show people their beauty and assist them to overcome their fears by understanding them better.

we specifically choose our Ts as to their colours and the morphing they do from sling to juvie to adult (sling is a baby T)
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

VP of Cool
    Thanks

Very nice collection!
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby
    Ooh.. what're you selling Schlyne? I could be tempted..
    I haven't had time to sit down and post a complete list yet...but

Flat Rock Scorpions 0.0.2 (probably both female, H. trog...) $35 each, $60 for both
    0.0.1 Scorpio marus $15 (about a 2" long gold looking little scorp. fierce little thing, thinks it's 10 feet tall
    2.0.0 N. chromatus (3 to 3.5") $10 each (price negotiable)

and probably some others that I can't think of right now. Unforunatley, a lot of my larger stuff right now is immature males, which have been promised to various dealers. No signs of P. cambridgei babies or P. irmina babies yet, if I get some, they will be for sale. My cobalt blue eggsack was a dud, so no babies for sale there.

oh yeah, B. dubia roaches. $60 for 100, which includes shipping (which you may not need, but that's the price I set for the last group I sold).

I might sell some more of the scorpions. I have what may be a pair of Centruroides sp "brazil" scorps, an Opistophthalmus glabrifrons (Red Cape Scorpion), Tityus bahensis (warning, really really hot species from south america), and B. jacksoni which I haven't decided on prices or if I really really want to sell them (but you can make me an offer if you're interested on any of those).

And I have to get feeder rats, so I will be at the swap this sunday.
    Last edited by Schlyne; 04-14-2006 at 01:35 AM.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

I'm going to the swap on Sunday too, with some friends from work.

If you ever have some cobalt blue babies, I'm interested! Pet hole or not, I just can't get over the look of H. lividum. P. irminia is one of my favorites too. I understand this is an aggressive species as well? I'm getting a little more experienced that way.. I moved my threat posturing N. chromatus to a new enclosure last week and didn't even get haired.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

P. irmina is a more aggressive species, but it's not something I've ever had a problem with. At this stage of the game, Avic's are slooow to me. I've gotten used to working with the faster stuff, I think.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

my little n. chromatus only comes out at night - i really love the striping on his legs... such a cutie!
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

i find having my little paint brush handy when i'm working with my pokie... takes care of everything so far. she just moves away for me. of course... i'm knockin' on wood...
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

I love pokies, but everyone says I shouldn't get one because they're aggressive and the bite is dangerous. But.. they are so gorgeous, I really would like to try one.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast