Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,094

2 members and 3,092 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,567
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is it rude to laugh?

On the "other" forum that I visit - this kid has posted "OMG help me very urgent". Seems his two snakes (that he said he wasn't going to house together and when I questioned him about it - said they were on a "play date") have decided that the inside of a decorative rock (kind of "u" shaped on the inside I suppose) would be a good place to hang out.

They've been in there for 3 days now and he's afraid if he breaks it, it will kill them.

It's funny, but it's also sad in so many ways! LOL

He even posted pictures of the ornamental rock and the two entrance holes (it was not made to be a hide, somehow it tipped over and they went inside).

I think one reason I'm laughing, is because this is one of those kids that will NOT listen to any advice you give him, even when he solicits the advice.

That, or I'm just very punchy from a long day at work and it's almost time to go home.

Thanks

Re: Is it rude to laugh?

Too funny. Every answer you give is followed up with another question and no indication that he even heard what you said?

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

Haha. I saw that on there. I couldn't stop laughing. I really couldn't.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

It probably is rude to laugh and not helpful, but I'll be darned if it isn't hard sometimes!!! As well as being on this board, I'm on arachonboards, and some of the newbies are unreal. They ask questions, get answers, and then disregard them. If anyone says anything to them such as why ask when you have made your own decision already, they get upset and start complaining that we are being mean. Or in the case of the animal coming to harm, they say why didn't you tell me? Why do they ask questions if they don't want the answer, and have decided how they are going to handle it? Does everyone else on the boards exist to stroke the egos of these people? Those of us that are truly here for information and to help just need to be patient, these kind of people never stay around for long.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    Too funny. Every answer you give is followed up with another question and no indication that he even heard what you said?
    LOL - yup, pretty much. We gave him all the reasons he shouldn't house snakes together and he argued with every one - then finally said "don't worry, I'm not housing them together" and then posts that they're both in the little rock thingy.

So I asked, - thought you weren't going to house them together? To which he says "I didn't - they were on a play date for about 30 minutes and when I came back - they were missing - I found them in there and they've been there three days".

I told him to just wait until feeding day and they'll come out - oh, but they haven't eaten in three weeks! Hmmmm - stress perhaps?
    Last edited by rabernet; 04-10-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks

What a tool...

Thanks

I thought it pathetic enough we now have to have play dates for kids. Now we have them for snakes!!?? So Funny