Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,409

2 members and 3,407 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Putting BP's on House plants, any danger??

I have a lot of plants scattered around my house. And i have always wanted to get her used to being on the house plants and just chillin out while im sitting there, i think it would just be cool hehe.

I have herd that much like ceder, that there are some house plants that our poisonous to pythons. Does anyone know which plants these are, or where i could find some sort of list online that would tell me what it is in these plants that BP's can not come in contact with, just so i can see if my plants contain this( ie sap certain chemical in bard ect ect)

She definitly loves to be out of her cage so i though it wold be cool ti have a lot of places around the house that i could put her on and she can just hang out with us .
    0.1.0 BP { NyXx }

Thanks

Re: Putting BP's on House plants, any danger??

I'm not sure of a list, but one that's most likely a no-no is the dieffenbachia. Its common name is Dumb Cane because when injested or just put ON the tongue, the sap has numbing properties. It's dangerous for kids, cats/pets, so probably wouldn't be safe for snakes. I don't RECALL warnings against getting the sap on the skin, but it's been quite a while since I owned one. My ex wasn't into proper care of the house & it got too cold during the winters, killing my houseplants.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

If these are new plants, make sure they are rinsed very well for a few minutes. Many florist use harmful insecticides and also wax to enhance the appearance of the plant.

Thanks

ok thanks a lot guys, the plants that i have in my house are chinese evergreen and corn tree/plant. Im excited because when she gets bigger she can just hang out with me and my friends from her vantage point lol.

Im gonna start getting her used to them and see if she likes it or not. if she doestn' feel comfortable then forget it hehe, just thought it was a cool idea.
    0.1.0 BP { NyXx }