Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,137

4 members and 3,133 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Thread: eating

Thanks

eating

wow its been a long time since the last time ive posted up on here rocky still isnt eating he hasnt eatn anything im gunna say since about end of january begin of november from wat i can see it doesnt look like he's lost any weight and that he's been the same weight throught this time hopefuly he starts eating again so0on cuz my dad keeps asking me if hes dead yet n i keep tellin him hes not goin 2 die from this but he just doesnt get it

Thanks

Re: eating

Quote Originally Posted by xXGregXx
    my dad keeps asking me if hes dead yet n i keep tellin him hes not goin 2 die from this but he just doesnt get it
    Well just keep in mind they can go for almost a year without eating, what kinda feed are you giving him flash frozen or live? i do prefer for damen to have live. but you might wanna try frozen if you havent already or try and killing the mouse first.
    Last edited by Damen; 04-07-2006 at 11:22 PM. Reason: not the right quote
    Damen

Damen--- Greek word for "Tame"

Thanks

Re: eating

Double check that his temps, temp gradient, humidity, etc. is all within the recommendations of our caresheet Greg. As long as his enclosure is appropriate and he's not losing weight and is healthy (getting a fecal done is never a bad thing if you are worried) then I'd just keep offering an appropriate prey every week on his standard feeding day. Make sure he always has access to fresh water and that he's getting a 14 hour light/10 hour dark cycle and hopefully he'll figure out that spring is here and he should perk up and eat now. It seems lately that a lot of us that have had winter fasting snakes are starting to see them go back to eating, maybe not their normal amount but a start back. I was advised with our one fasting female (5.5 months...not a bit of food and only lost 100 grams) to offer her smaller than normal prey for a few feedings to get her digestion kick started again.
    ~~Joanna~~