Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,207

4 members and 3,203 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird Habits?

Thanks

Weird Habits?

What weird habits does your snake have? Mine likes to watch tv with his neck up, jerking back and moving his head when things on the screen move. (didnt thing they could see tv for some reason) he does it for long periods of time. *shame on me i'm letting the tv babysit my child*

Thanks

Talking Re: Weird Habits?

Mine like to stick there heads out of the hides and stare ( I call it Turtling because the hide looks like a shell) When hold the big ones sometimes they look straight up, Why? I dunno, cuz they can I guess. I think they are trying to get you to look at something that isn't there just to see if they have control! LOL

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

Re: Weird Habits?

I love it when they do the turtling. It's sooo cute.

That, and Ophelia LOVES to give kisses and she constantly flicks her tongue on my ears. Ack. Uhm...

Ody's taken to burrowing under his aspen.

Oh. And Ophelia, from time-to-time will actually end up taking a nap with me. She coils around my chest and we fall asleep together. She usually wakes me up with a face in mine.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

Thanks

Bauhamat pushed about half her body into the corner of her tank, straight up the corner, it's kinda cute when you walk in and see her head at the top of the tank, and her belly wedged into the corner, that and she bonks her nose on the glass.
    "Wookies were slaves because the Empire couldn't tame Ewoks. You'd try to get them to do something, and they'd just bark at ya and throw a stick."

0.0.1 Ball Python (Bauhamat)
    1 Adopted Mutt (Odie)
    0.1 Rat (Shroom)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melicious
    Oh. And Ophelia, from time-to-time will actually end up taking a nap with me. She coils around my chest and we fall asleep together. She usually wakes me up with a face in mine.
    This sounds like a good way to lose a snake. You doze off and the snake decides to wander away...... Snakes should always be in secure enclosures, or under 100% very close supervision if out of the cage.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Normally I'd agree with you, and I wouldn't suggest this for just anyone, but she's never moved. One night, when the 'rents were asleep and I didn't think it polite to change the apartment thermostat, I pulled her into bed with me so she'd stay extra warm. She slept the entire night with me. Eight hours of sleep.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melicious
    Normally I'd agree with you, and I wouldn't suggest this for just anyone, but she's never moved.
    Well, I could say that I normally ride around with the kids unbelted in the car and have never had a problem...so while I wouldn't recommend it for just anyone, it works fine for my kids. ....I hope you get my point and don't think I'm picking on you. That is just extremely risky behavior for someone who obviously loves her snakes.

DISCLAIMER: I NEVER ride around with my kids unbelted in the car! I know y'all would know that, but there's always someone who would try to make a stink about it if I didn't spell it out.
    -- Judy

Thanks

I realize and I appreciate your concern. I've actually only done it a couple times, and prefer to put her away before I go to bed even with so much fussing.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

Thanks

I'm guilty of this too- I'll take him out when I get home, about an hour before the heat light turns off and he's still sleeping, and put him in the bed to sleep with me while I wacthing tv... but he just crawls under my shirt or next to my leg and goes right back to sleep.

i always leave a little cloth carrier that i bought to take him to the vet on the end of the bed with both ends open, and he ALWAYS goes to it and sits on top or inside facing the tv. and no matter what he won't leave it! so i leave that there for the times i fall asleep and if he wakes up first then he's always on top of there.

Thanks

When I put Gomez's new hides in, I deliberately faced them toward the back to give him more darkness and privacy. His favorite hide he's managed to turn around to face the front so he can watch us and see what's goin on. Curious boy! That's probably about the weirdest thing he does other than cling to my watch with the end of his tail while he's out and cruising, which is just the cutest darned thing
    ~Sheree~

Because Snakes are Beautiful!
    http://www.bluegorgon.com/

4.1 snakes so far (Gomez, Falkor, Ma-tsu, Neptune, Irwin)
    2.1 house rabbits (Daphne, Bowie, Unut)
    0.1 Jeweled Lacerta (Dana)
    In loving memory of Cleo
    1989-2007

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast