Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,343

4 members and 3,339 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burm Pics

Reptile Dysfunction Lucifers_Mommy's Avatar
    Thanks

Burm Pics

Here are some pictures of buttercup, His vet checkup is Sat so wish him luck
    So far he has gained 6 pounds and hasnt wheezed in 2 weeks
    (He was underweight and had an RI when I got him a month ago)

Anyways...Enjoy

Thanks

Re: Burm Pics

He's gorgeous. That's quite an unusual cage.. it's nice looking, but I'm not sure it's the best shape for a python. I might be wrong.. but it'd be harder to provide a good temp gradient in something that's more circular than rectangular.. maybe a nice boaphile cage is in his future? It looks to be on the small side for him too.

But.. glad to hear he's over his RI and is growing already (burms are good at this )

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Gorgeous!!! I just love albino burms for some reason, and you've got a handsome boy there! Glad to hear he's improving.

One suggestion: cover the top of that cage with something to keep heat and humidity in. I would recommend Reflectix insulation. MG Reptiles sells it by the foot http://www.mgreptiles.com/REFLECTIX.html. I love the stuff, I sealed the tops of my tanks with it, and haven't had a problem with humidity since.

Other than that, congratulations! It sounds like you're taking very good care of him!
    Last edited by monkeywrench133; 03-30-2006 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks

Gorgeous Burm!

Thanks

We are in the proccess of building a cage that is 8x3x2.....the glass keeps get backorderd or something and right now its a pain in the bum.We were gonna buy an old display case from a jewerly store that went outa business but it would have been moe trouble to modify than it was worth. I useally have a sheet of plastic wrapped around 3/4 of the top of the tank but i didnt put it back on right away after lunch .....I thought the exact same thign when i got the cage shelby....about it being hard to keep the temps right....but suprisingly it is working....on the hot side it goes from about 93-90 and the cool stays about 82-80....the air temp is about 87 right now because of his illness but i was suprised i was able to keep the temps steady....and he spends equal amount of time on each side.....i try to take him out once a day when hes not digesting and let him strech completly out becasue he cant do that in that tank very well...he barely has any loose skin now to ....a lil bit but a lot less than before....if you check out the other pictures i posted a while back and compare you can tell ...anyways this is long so i will be quiet now

Thanks

I love that tank!
    0.1 BP - Karma
    1.0 JCP - Tre
    0.1 RTB - Pixel
    1.0 Burm - Boost
    ---- non herp
    1.0 Lab Mix - Gauge
    0.1 Black Cat - Chloe
    1.0 Boy Toy - Jared

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow...sounds like he's coming along beautifully! Kudos to you for taking such good care of him! He certainly is a gorgeous boy and I'll bet he'll give you years and years of joy.

That cage he's in is really cool looking. Seems like some great potential there for an awesome viv when Buttercup moves into his new home.
    -- Judy

Thanks

im not sure what i want to do with it yet......ive had a couple offers on it but i really want to keep it because i love it to....plus to buy one new is like 800 bucks candian :eek: .....id like to turn it into like a really eyepleasing jungle type set up for some cresties or something like that....but i would rather have them in a screen cage ..... depending on how big my ball lucifer gets he might be able to use in the future since i know i can keep the temps right....Im still not sure...

Thanks for the comments everyone...and see...im not the irresponsible lil kid who just jumped into this without knowing what i was getting into and what i needed to do

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

that octagon would probably be a killer salt water aquarium with coral, etc.

great lookin Burm by the way, it look like you're taking awesome care of him. i was kinda late on that one though.
    -marshall

Thanks

the glass is to thin to hold water...its a reptile tank only ...already thought of that side lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast