Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,193

0 members and 3,193 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Pied-$$??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Re: Pied-$$??

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeySnakeSnake
    I have however shipped a LOT of Computers and hardware via USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex, and USPS and Fed-Ex consistantly damaged stuff, grrr.... I think fragile sticker means "PUNT ME!"
    The uniform they wear isn't going to make a difference. If you're box is going to get kicked, it's just going to happen.

The key is to learn how to pack the box so that your animals survive the trip ... then nothing else matters.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    The uniform they wear isn't going to make a difference. If you're box is going to get kicked, it's just going to happen.

The key is to learn how to pack the box so that your animals survive the trip ... then nothing else matters.

-adam
    I think bolting on spikes pointing outwards all around the box, with a handle attached should prevent the punting maybe....
    bryan

Thanks

One last small example ... Every Friday is Chinese food day at 8 Ball Pythons ... we head down to the local strip mall and load up ... I usually get a Mandarin Chicken platter for $5.50 ... the place has been there forever and the food is excellent! ... The other day, we noticed that a new place opened up ... first day ... so we decided to check them out ... being a creature of habit I ordered ... you guessed it ... Mandarin Chicken ... guess what? ... It was $5.50!! ... If the Chinese food biz was like the ball python biz, I could have gotten that lunch platter for $2 because the new place wasn't "known" .... maybe I should have pleaded my case to the owner .... LOL

uhh, can we make a few sat. chinese days?
    general tso's, dumplings and eggrolls

vaughn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kavmon
    uhh, can we make a few sat. chinese days?
    For sure! ... and I promise we won't drive an hour to get there.

-adam

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssscales
    Why should we expect Jimmy with his breeding group of Albinos that he bought from breeder "A" price those same snakes at the same price tag as breeder "A"?

Any thoughts?
    Actually ... yes (SHOCKER!!! ).

We should expect Jimmy to price those snakes the same because he has a fiduciary responsibility to his customers (e.g. investors). Unless Jimmy is only selling his offspring into the pet trade, his customers are likely buying animals from him with the intention of breeding them, selling the offspring, and making a few dollars. It might take them 3 - 4 years to get there. By Jimmy creating unnatural downward pressure on the price of the morphs or hets that he's selling by selling them for less than their true market value, Jimmy is decreasing his customers potential return on their investment. They could potentially make 75% less on the first offspring that they bring to market because Jimmy sold cheaper than the big breeders that are trying to milk every last nickel out of the market so that their customers have a chance at making some real money one day.

Does Jimmy care? Of course not.

Can anything be done about Jimmy? Well, other than praying that he hooks up with a smoking hot silly that hates his snakes, of course not.

-adam

Banned
    Thanks

Well, actually I don't think that's what I said.

-adam
    I wasn't at all referring to what anyones claims, I was just trying to make a point that not everyone breeding snakes is looking at this as a business or long term investment. Not every person with a pair of snakes is looking at this with this same view or is going in the same direction.

I agree 100% that breeders expecting to sell as a business should try to price their products, services and/or snakes at certain price tags based on the demands at the time. They should try and sell themselves and not just cheap snakes.

Why sell a snake for $1000 when you could get $2000? But like I said, not everyone will see it this way. They may see it as "I just made $1000" and not "I could've made $2000".

Thanks

Why do you think that? It just isn't true. Newer/smaller scale breeders can advertise more, respond to emails quicker, return phone calls faster, and generally give more time to potential customers than many of the big guys. There are a lot of people out there that like the personalized attention that newer/smaller scale breeders can give if they are hungry enough to be successful. You can compete with the big breeders price wise if you're willing to bust your hump and put in the work ... I've done it! adam
    That speaks volumes. I buy, I have ???'s, you have the time for me, I buy from you again and again. It's business folks. Treat it as such. Very good points Adam.
    Tony.....

3.1 Crumb Snatchers
    0.1 Domestic Engineer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssscales
    I was just trying to make a point that not everyone breeding snakes is looking at this as a business or long term investment.
    Those people usually don't last long and aren't signifigant enough to have any sort of impact on the market. They usually just end up dealing back to the person they bought from and stay pretty much under the radar.

-adam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARamos8
    That speaks volumes. I buy, I have ???'s, you have the time for me, I buy from you again and again. It's business folks. Treat it as such. Very good points Adam.
    Just an example of customer service as it sort of relates to this discussion or parts of it. The company I work for provides data backup services. We are probably the most expensive in the industry. But there is a reason why 90% of our customers are referrals. We provide the best customer service in the industry. While the big guys sell you the product and leave you to sink or swim, we hand hold throughout the install process and manually check every customers backups each day. Our customers know they can go with our competitors for half the price, but they stay with us for service.

Thanks

I've even given morphs away for free practically to friends that are just getting started in the hobby.

-adam
    I'll take a pair of lessers, a trio of ghosts, and a pair of caramels...you have the address, call before you ship!
    Sam Mounts
    Gecko Den

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast