Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,281

2 members and 3,279 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Crested Cage in Progress (DU DEATH)

well it's currently being added to right now, to await my new arrival next week.... it's a 38g reptarium, 16.5x16.5x30, looking a little spacious what do you think?
    i dont know what substrate i'll be using yet, but i got another couple of big leaf things i can put on it, and she's hanging some ivy vine in there now...not totally finished just taking a break for now but what do you think so far? Oh and that is the window that was broken, when my house was broken into lastnight....we have it all covered up right now, those little punks.
    BEFORE

AFTER

Thanks

Re: Crested Cage in Progress (DU DEATH)

I just finished, rather than posting more pics check them out here
    pics 7-12 is how it looks now
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f262/shadraak/Cages/
    Last edited by shadraak; 03-28-2006 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks

The finished product looks very nice. Gecko heaven

Thanks

did you check the photobucket? i just edited my post cause whoops forgot the link lol, oh i hope so, was upset i was unable to get yours lol but i am getting a male olive/flame with showing signs of alot of stuff lol, he's located
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f262/shadraak/Crested/
    she said he's starting to get spots, and his harly is creeping up, as well as starting some pinstriping hehe....little sweetie hehe, but a question, lol here's how it looks now, but where do i put the thermometer probe and the unit itself?

Thanks

Just set it next to the cage. I don't even use a thermometer in any of my cages. Since its all screen lots of air should go through so it wouldn't trap any heat and should be the same temp as the room. Nice male, I always liked the dark flames/harlies. Who are you getting him from.

Thanks

well i wanna make sure humidity is ok, you mean i just purchased another indoor outdoor thermometer for nothing lol....yeah it's holding at 68 now after a misting and it's night time and the heater's been off all day thinking of keeping a towel around the back side so no sunlight comes thru here not that any does anyway but wanna block out the excess heat

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

congrats on your new crested! the cage looks very nice. you can just place your thermostat on the cage floor for humidity measuring purposes. a towel on the back of the cage will help keep out sunlight and help hold in humidity.
    - Emily

Thanks

well humidity is just showing hi, doesn't give me a reading but bottom temp ( i have no substrate in there yet, is like 67 that's my concern the substrate will be really cool that's scaring me
    PS...
    i dont have him yet lol...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

if you just sprayed or water got into the hygrometer then it will register high, which is anything over 90 or 95% i think. 67 is ok for a crested--generally upper 60s to 80 degrees is acceptable. i prefer 72ish as a low for cresteds because they eat better and are more active when it is warmer but they can be kept at slightly lower temps.
    - Emily

Thanks

at the base or the middle? i got the middle one in there, but the base(bottom) of the cage is registering the 67, up higher in the middle it's goin up now, it's because my heater was turned off cause it was a nice day i turned it up a little and it seems to be ok now......the thermometer was outside the cage when i sprayed
    humidity is only down to 90 i'll check it in the morning but so far it seems to be holding it's own with no towels or anything on it, i dont think it'll be a big deal anyway, i'll just mist it every morning and night, i work 12:45pm - 11:45pm so mist at noon, and mist at like 1am would be perfect i think, and i'll mist with hot water, misted with cold the first time that's why it was so low i think lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast