Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,160

1 members and 3,159 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Pic of abused Iggy:-(

I snapped a few just to put on record. This was RIGHT after I brought him/her home from the pet store. Tell me how bad you guys think it is (meaning if there is a chance of living). Several people told me that he/she was on their way out and it was pointless to even take to the vet. I don't know what to do but I feel TERRIBLE for the little guy.

They call me Emilius LOL Emilio's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,004 Posts

Re: Pic of abused Iggy:-(

Where there is a will there is a way.Does he eat?

Thanks

There is DEFF a will. I want him to be okay so much. He ate yesturday but today he is greener and looking a little better but I havent seen him eat today. He soaked this mornign and there was alot more movement in his front legs (yesturday they looked stuck).

VP of Cool
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oxsherxo88
    I snapped a few just to put on record. This was RIGHT after I brought him/her home from the pet store. Tell me how bad you guys think it is (meaning if there is a chance of living). Several people told me that he/she was on their way out and it was pointless to even take to the vet. I don't know what to do but I feel TERRIBLE for the little guy.
    You are a kind soul to have taken in the animal. It is now your responsibility to provide the best care that you can. Don't listen to the other people for they are not qualified to size the situation. Take it to the vet asap and let him/her decide whats best course of action for treating the Iggy. Good luck.
    Last edited by iceman25; 03-19-2006 at 05:44 PM. Reason: won't let me say "a-s-s-e-s-s"
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks

Thank you so much for saying that. I got called an idiot yesturday night by another pet store I brought him to get opinions.

VP of Cool
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oxsherxo88
    I got called an idiot yesturday night by another pet store I brought him to get opinions.
    In through one ear and out the other Just keep doing ur thing and if anyone keeps buggin ya just
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks

Advanced MBD from what I can see. Did you check some of the articles on MBD and consult a vet yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

The poor thing! Bless your heart for taking on that burden and responsibility! If the little guy wants to live, then with your care, I think he has the best chance possible.

The last place I would go for any animal advice is a pet store! As ironic as it may be...they seem to know less about animal care than just about anyone. (In general...I know there are a few, rare exceptions out there!)

Definitely plan a trip to the vet as soon as possible. He may be able to offer some medicines that will help the little guy to a speedier recovery. And find a herp or exotics vet. A strictly cat/dog vet may just tell you to put it to sleep because even they sometimes fail to see the value of reptile life.

In the meantime...keep him good and warm with plenty of UV light, fresh food, and water. Good luck with him!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Good husbandry and someone to care go a long ways with any animal. It is great that he is with you now, and has a chance of a happy life.
    You can aslo try calling universitys of veterinary medicine. Around me there are no private vets that know squat about exotics. When I called one about pythons, they said.. and I quote "Yeah, we can look at them. I mean.. as long as it isn't anything serious. Simple stuff." I asked her if she knew how serious a respirtory infection would be in a ball python. Again a direct quote-- "Oh no. It would probaly clear up on it's own." I do not take my snakes there, but go to the local vet college instead. They almsot always have a exotics vet on staff.
    Wolfy

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound
    ...You can aslo try calling universitys of veterinary medicine. Around me there are no private vets that know squat about exotics. .... but go to the local vet college instead. They almsot always have a exotics vet on staff.
    Wolfy
    What an excellent suggestion. You know, that never even occurred to me, but that is an excellent source for help!
    -- Judy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast