Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,135

2 members and 3,133 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

zacharynay (18)

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,553
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: What will happen when everyone realizes...

i see the big picture now

But....won't all those things eventually happen anyway?
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    i see the big picture now

But....won't all those things eventually happen anyway?
    Not if we're lucky ... sooner or later the "mania" will die down and we'll fall into a nice pace ... it's happened in the exotic bird market and with any luck it'll happen to us as well.

Gotta shake the fly by nighters loose first ... then it's smooth sailing.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

The whole gov't idea sold me. They would love to have something new to tax. Adam has a very good point on that. Snakes are probably one of the most feared animals out there...and neighbors don't want a hundred or more in the house next door either. The govt in NY already proved they can do what they want because of a few incidences. Think of the dogs that attack children every year! They don't outlaw dogs in general, but they do snakes. Think of the insurance clauses that would arise from you having a snake in your house! Keep it where it is.

Thanks

Jim,

If I'm correct, didn't they end up restructuring that bill to only include (as it effects us snake owners) large Boids (Burms, Rocks, Retics, Anacondas)? Also, is it a statewide ban or is it just NYC?

Thanks

Statewide, and that was after a year or more of petitions and protests. They wanted to ban a WHOLE lot more than just the big ones. All pythons, BCIs, and some others that got over six feet too, but they ended up just banning those that got huge and almost all hots (only permit allowed now and that is impossible to get).

I was only trying to use it as an example though. It only proves the point more.

Also, how many dogs have bitten children? Certain types of dogs aren't banned. It's said it's the owners fault or the dog was neglected. Pit Bulls are a good example. In Syracuse there is at LEAST 10 or more pit bull attacks in the city alone a year...they aren't banned.

Thanks

I dont think anyone will argue the fact that dogs, birds and cats are way more dangerous to humans (disease, bites, etc) than non venomous snakes. But they are accepted by people as "ok" pets to have.

Thanks

I see where Adam is coming from, education and interest probably shouldn't be built on how expensive and beautiful the morphs are, but just by correct information and slow exposure, as it's moving now. By flaunting morphs it's going to upset people, as was stated before, making them envy those who can afford such a steep price tag for a beautiful animal. If people are upset, it's going to lead to more restrictions, which is bad for any of us. I don't see what the big deal is, reptiles aren't gross, most are cute, and they're cleaner and don't have to get out for hours of exercise, they don't poo all over the house, or chew you stuff...the list goes on.
    "Wookies were slaves because the Empire couldn't tame Ewoks. You'd try to get them to do something, and they'd just bark at ya and throw a stick."

0.0.1 Ball Python (Bauhamat)
    1 Adopted Mutt (Odie)
    0.1 Rat (Shroom)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle(THM)
    .... they don't poo all over the house, or chew you stuff.
    Funny story....before me and my wife moved into our apartment, we asked the owner if he allowed pets. He was like "Well, what kinda pets?"....I responded "some little 4' snakes"....He said "they are ok.....I will not have to worry about them pooping and peeing on the carpet and tearing up stuff"...LMAO...I really did not expect that kinda answer....but all is good
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jim020cricket
    Also, how many dogs have bitten children? Certain types of dogs aren't banned. It's said it's the owners fault or the dog was neglected. Pit Bulls are a good example. In Syracuse there is at LEAST 10 or more pit bull attacks in the city alone a year...they aren't banned.
    Yes, some dog types are banned. I was watching one of those Animal Cops show, and pits are banned in some counties in FL. I think in other areas as well, where dog fighting is such a problem. And you're right it's not the dog's fault, that was how they were trained. But you blame the animal not the person. I love pits. They have been some of the nicest dogs I've met. I don't see anyone banning those little nippy lap dogs, which are WAY more likely to bite. Anyway, I just figure if they can start banning some animals, then more and more will follow. I prefer to make my own decisions, not have the government make them for me.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Exclamation Re: What will happen when everyone realizes...

I don't see anyone banning those little nippy lap dogs, which are WAY more likely to bite.
    I totally agree! I hate those f**** things! My daughter was bit in the face on Christmas night by a Min. Pinscher! 7 stitches in her perfect little face. I wanted to strangle everyone in the room. They were really lucky I wasn't there. It was her mother's turn to have her Xmas day and they were at her grandmother's house. They all swear that for no reason at all it just turned and bit her while she watching TV. Hatem Hatem Hatem Hatem. An old lady owned it and it had never shown any signs of aggression before this. Stupid dogs.

PS: Sorry this went off topic.
    Last edited by JimiSnakes; 03-07-2006 at 05:22 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast