Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,423

3 members and 3,420 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Why are spiders still so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    It is ... but so is demand! ... It's a testament to how strong the ball python market is and will continue to be. Everyone wants balls!

-adam
    Mmm...I want Adam's balls...er, some of Adam's balls...wait, this is getting worse...

I was just wondering; with having as many wonderful snakes as you do, do you have any "house snakes", your first, your favorites, whatever, that aren't in your breeding facility or is your breeding facility your house! =)
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kavmon
    it really is solid advice to work with what you like to see, makes cleaning tubs for 3-4 yrs more enjoyable.

vaughn
    i love my little group but i never enjoy cleaning tubs and to tell you the truth i wouldn't enjoy clean the tubs if i had a lucy.
    0.1 spider het ghost 1.1 het ghost 1.1 het pied
    0.1 spider ball python 1.0 het red
    2.0 pastel 1.0 mojave 1.0 Lesser
    1.0 het clown 0.22 normals
    1.0 boxer 0.0.1 red foot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gncz73
    i love my little group but i never enjoy cleaning tubs and to tell you the truth i wouldn't enjoy clean the tubs if i had a lucy.

maybe replace the word enjoyable with bearable

Thanks

this may sound weird or sick but i look forward to cleaning lucy poop! lol

vaughn

Thanks

Nothing makes me look forward to cleaning day but I get a certain satisfaction out of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cassandra
    I was just wondering; with having as many wonderful snakes as you do, do you have any "house snakes", your first, your favorites, whatever, that aren't in your breeding facility or is your breeding facility your house! =)
    My "shop" is a commercial building not too far away from my house. We do keep ball pythons at home ... almost every time we go to the shop my 4 year old son has a new "favorite" that he wants to bring home ... I let him keep a couple in his room and we rotate them .. if one comes home, one has to go back.

When you own your own business you actually end up spending most of your life working ... so I'm really at my "shop" way more than I'm at home ... and after being at my shop and taking care of a couple of hundred animals when I do finally make it home the last thing I want to do is clean, water, or feed a snake ... so if it wasn't for my sons "pets" I probably wouldn't keep any of them at my house.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Ah good point...nice to be able to "go home" at some point, hehe! =)
    0.1 ball python (Cleo), 0.1 surinam bcc (Carmen)
    1.0 sunglow motley corn (Jenson), 1.0 albino burmese (Lourdes)
    1.0 cat (Nicky), some mooses and ratters, 1.0 hubby (Rick)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    My "shop" is a commercial building not too far away from my house. We do keep ball pythons at home ... almost every time we go to the shop my 4 year old son has a new "favorite" that he wants to bring home ... I let him keep a couple in his room and we rotate them .. if one comes home, one has to go back.

When you own your own business you actually end up spending most of your life working ... so I'm really at my "shop" way more than I'm at home ... and after being at my shop and taking care of a couple of hundred animals when I do finally make it home the last thing I want to do is clean, water, or feed a snake ... so if it wasn't for my sons "pets" I probably wouldn't keep any of them at my house.

-adam
    What a lucky son you have! And what a nice dad you are to let him cherry pick pets from your collection.

Start with what you love (doms, co-doms, recessives, it really doesn't matter) and what you can afford ... feed them up and raise them ... breed them ... sell some babies and establish yourself as an honest person that wants to do right by his/her customers ... keep some stuff for yourself and plan for the future and be prepared to adapt.

If you're going to sell snakes and accept money then like it or not you are a business ... so act like it ... have a plan ... a real business plan ... research what it takes to run a business ... how to sell, market, budget, advertise, and PLAN FOR THE FUTURE!!
    I really like that post Adam, its truly a sensible and straightforward post with great advice. I'm currently in the process of writing my business plan (which may I say can be a pain in the rear.), mostly for myself because I want to start up self funded as an ecommerce site, but still having the option of pitching to the SBA for a loan if it ever takes off.

Ahhh...just my dream, hopefully with some hardwork, time, money and patience it will pay off.

The first spiders sold for 25K ... do you think that the people that bought them at those prices regret it? ... LOL ... not even close!! ... So if you buy today when they are 4K, do you think you'll regret it when the prices hit 1K?? ... LOL
    You've gotta spend money to make money.

Jason
    Last edited by jknudson; 03-03-2006 at 02:22 AM.
    Jason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12