I was just doing a few searches on some classifieds and noticed that spider males are still in the ~3-4k minimum. I understand that 1 male spider can = tons of spider babies.... but shouldnt that in itself drive the price down? I look at these similar to pastels, except that they dont display a super form of themselves, and the super form of a male spider is even more deadly in being able to produce 100% spiders and bring the price down even further?

I was just looking at possible combinations for an investment and spider, pastel were the first two that popped in my mind.... unfortunately it will be 3 years at least before I am able to start producing clutches, and I'm really not sure of how the dom and co-doms may hold up over the next 10 years...

I may have to switch back to albinos and piebalds I think those recessives will hold their value a bit more as they are slower to produce.

any input appreciated

PS I still want to go with spiders and pastels just because I can produce at least 4 morphs that I want in my collection (spider, pastel, super pastel, bumblebee, and eventually killerbee) with them. Just trying to think it through.