Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,366

1 members and 3,365 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Help Boa Breeders!!!

As u all know by my many posts on the subject I am trying to breed my boa's for the first time this year, and both of my females now lay with a bent tail (will take pic later to show u what I mean!). When I first posted the pics on a US forum a guy said, that gravid boa's tend to demonstrate this tail position?? I was just wondering if anyone out here can confirm this as a usual "side effect" to gravidity?

Thanks all!

Peter
    The World is as delicate as a spiders web. If you touch one thread, you send shudders running through the other threads. We are not just touching the web, we are tearing holes in it! - Gerald Durrell

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Help Boa Breeders!!!

You mean when during copulation boas will entwine their tails. The males tail will twitch and/or wave in the air during this period. Is this what you are referring too?

Maybe a picture would help..

Here are some examples of courting and copulation.

Thanks

hi great pics but no I have bred colubrids for a few years and its the actual tail position held by the female after she has ovulated, there is no male present but she appears to hold her tail between 90 degrees and almost right back on itself! I was wondering if any other breeders had noticed this and is it normal?

Peter
    The World is as delicate as a spiders web. If you touch one thread, you send shudders running through the other threads. We are not just touching the web, we are tearing holes in it! - Gerald Durrell

Banned
    Thanks

I can't say I've witnessed this tail position in gravid boas. I believe I understand what you're referring too, but I don't believe I've witnessed that in my boas.