Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,396

1 members and 3,395 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: How to become FedEx Certified to ship reptiles....

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Reptiles View Post
    Congrats to you. We should all get t-shirts wish some lame "I Survived..." phrase on it.
    I'd buy it and sport it...Probably would send one to FedEx too...LOL
    I'm FedEx Certified...
    Bearded Dragon's and a small collection of snakes are my focus...
    "When the ocean dies, surfing dies..."
    "Punish the deed, not the breed..."

Thanks

Got my email today that stated my package passed now just waiting for the fedex rep to contact me or ill contact them. So excited about this considering all the stuff that has gone on with reptile shippers.
    Last edited by 98bcobra; 08-12-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks

So, I guess I was being a little slow or something. FedEx sent me a waiver and asked me to sign and return it. I did and then waited for a response... I just called and the told me the waiver was my certification.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

You're almost there. Once you sign it and send it back to them within a day or two they'll send you the waiver one more time, this time it will also have Fedex's approval on it as well. At that point they should say you're allowed to ship per the terms of the waiver.

Hopefully you got a great rep like pandp. At this point I'm certified and still have no clue who my real rep is. I hope its none of the idiots I had to deal with already.
    -Eric-

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Getting to know your rep is very important!!!

call the main fed-ex number and ask them to connect you to your rep..they'll get your Fed-Ex account number and connect you.. Introduce yourself and tell them that you just wanted to know their name and let them know who you are and what you're about.. Get their direct number and extension..

Should any shipping mishaps occur then you know who to go to.. they can do every thing from contact drivers and hub managers for you to get you discounts and let you know about shipping delays. I get calls during the winter from Carol my rep telling me that certain hubs that my packages go through will be closed due to weather and to hold off shipping till I hear from her again..

Save me and my customers great amounts of stress and heartache.

Again..GET TO KNOW YOUR REP!!! it may just save some snakes lives and you money..
    Last edited by Freakie_frog; 08-20-2010 at 09:20 AM.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post

call the main fed-ex number and ask them to connect you to your rep..they'll get your Fed-Ex account number and connect you.. Introduce yourself and tell them that you just wanted to know their name and let them know who you are and what you're about.. Get their direct number and extension..

Should any shipping mishaps occur then you know who to go to.. they can do every thing from contact drivers and hub managers for you to get you discounts and let you know about shipping delays. I get calls during the winter from Carol my rep telling me that certain hubs that my packages go through will be closed due to weather and to hold off shipping till I hear from her again..

Again..GET TO KNOW YOUR REP!!! it may just save some snakes lives and you money..
    Trust me, I've tried. The person who I assume to be my rep does not respond to my voicemails or e-mails. At this point, I've resorted to going to someone else's very helpful rep to confirm whether or not they are in fact my true rep and if so I am going to find out who the regional manager is and see if I can get a different one. I need open channels of communication with the people who are shipping my customers their snakes and right now I have anything but that despite my best efforts.
    -Eric-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post

This really depends on your location and the quality of the FedEx call center reps...Lately, many have been having more problems and the original post of this thread is very misleading...Twisted's 411 is very helpful and if a part could be added to not set expectations on the assistance of the reps, that would be helpful...I was blessed with a great one, but I think my situation isn't in the majority now days...

Ooooooo, bad memories of the process....
    I'm FedEx Certified...

Thanks
    Well got my paperwork back today and I am now Fedex Certified! It really was pretty simple. All in all it took maybe 1month thats with me doing it on my free time. The phone number on Page 22 I think really helped! Called it left a message and someone called back the same day and got the email with the legal paperwork out to me! Im so glad that I don't have to use a 3rd party company to ship anymore. Now to have a good season this year got lots of cool project to work on!
    Last edited by 98bcobra; 08-30-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks
    Congrats!!! Not bad if you got it done in a month and a call from your rep...The stars were aligned for you

Now sit back and enjoy easy, safe and secure shipping....
    I'm FedEx Certified...

Thanks
    Wow.....that seems to take an awful long time for all of you.

I got fully certified in 4 days.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast