Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,228

0 members and 3,228 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: How to become FedEx Certified to ship reptiles....

Thought I'd post to help the thread hit the triple digits!!!

Thanks

Has anyone posted pictures yet of how they put together thier test package that passed?

BPs Currently 23 total
    1.6.0 Normals, 1.0.0 66% poss het pied, 2.5.0 Yellow Belly, 1.0.0 Blonde Pastel, 1.0.0 Mojave, 0.1.0 Lemon Blast, 1.0.0 Albino, 0.1.0 100% het albino, 1.0.0 Spider, 1.1.0 Het Caramel Albino

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by derrabe View Post
    Has anyone posted pictures yet of how they put together thier test package that passed?
    There's some great pics on page 7 of this thread showing a basic walkthrough.
    -Eric-

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Be sure you have the new application for the package testing. The older one is no longer accepted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Reptiles View Post
    I understand your frustration it took me a bit to find the right person. I'll get you going in the right direction.

You do NOT need to talk to an account rep before sending your test package, in fact...they have changed their business structure somewhat in that new normal accounts do not get account reps. Per Fedex, our accounts will be given a designated rep only AFTER the waiver process has been completed. Don't bother leaving a message for a rep to call you beforehand anymore, its a waste of time and honestly a frustrating wild goose chase.

Here's what you need to do to get started.

Make sure you've established your Fedex account, once you have your account number you can proceed.

Download the Fedex Packaging Test Application from this page.

When completing the shipping information, mark it as "Bill to Recipient". Because Fedex requires this process for shipping live reptiles they do not require the customer to pay for shipping. I even got my first shipping charges reimbursed after getting wrong information the first time around from several people. If they give you any grief at the shipping location, have them call Fedex Packaging Services to confirm (1.800.633.7019). I was not provided an account number to bill to, it was not an issue.

Packaging tips...Make sure you secure everything in the box. If you use bags, knot it securely or use zip ties or tape as a secondary reinforcement. They are requiring secondary security on enclosures now. If you are using deli cups, use tape to secure the deli cup lid, the snap tight lids are not enough on their own. Use an H-pattern on both the top and bottom of the shipping box to secure it (across the seam and the side edges). If you do this, you shouldn't have any issues.

I have a pdf from Fedex called "Live Harmless Reptile Packaging Guidelines". However, Fedex will not give me permission to republish it here for their own legal reasons. If you want a copy of it, PM me with your e-mail address and I"ll gladly e-mail it to you. I'm still trying to get approval from their legal department to post it here though.

Once they get the test package it takes about 7-10 days to get your results via e-mail. They provide a detailed report including pictures of your packaging results and any issues or suggested improvements with the notification. Again, if you would like to see a sample of the report, PM me. I'm expecting the results on my recent retest in the next day or two. But, I have my failed report from a couple of weeks ago for missing the tape on the deli cup (ugh!).

Hope this helps, feel free to contact me with any questions/issues/etc. I'll help however I can.

Eric
    I downloaded the pdf from your link, but I dont see anything about live harmless reptiles on the application where does that go?

BPs Currently 23 total
    1.6.0 Normals, 1.0.0 66% poss het pied, 2.5.0 Yellow Belly, 1.0.0 Blonde Pastel, 1.0.0 Mojave, 0.1.0 Lemon Blast, 1.0.0 Albino, 0.1.0 100% het albino, 1.0.0 Spider, 1.1.0 Het Caramel Albino

Thanks

I downloaded the pdf from your link, but I dont see anything about live harmless reptiles on the application where does that go?
    When you fill out the form just put 'Live Harmless Reptile' in the product name and description field.

If you want the pdf from Fedex about how the package should be assembled per their policy, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll get it to you.
    -Eric-

Thanks

I got my approval for my package yesterday also, a fedex rep told me the package testing lab called her and she filled out my information and sent it to their legal department. They said up to 14 days to finish all the legal paperwork. Hopefully it will go quicker. By the way I sent my test package on 6-2-10 and was approved on 6-8-10, now we will see how long before I can actually ship.

Thanks

One question, where is the best place to buy my packaging needs from? I am going to get my test box setup going just want to know where everyone online buys their packaging materials?

BPs Currently 23 total

Thanks

One question, where is the best place to buy my packaging needs from? I am going to get my test box setup going just want to know where everyone online buys their packaging materials?
    Check out Superior Shipping Supplies (formerly Superior Enterprises). That's where I buy all of my shipping supplies and where most others go that I am aware of as well.
    -Eric-

Thanks

Wooooo hoooo

I just got my e-mail saying that I PASSED!!! Now it's back to dealing with the people and trying to get the legal paperwork filed...I tried calling to get a little more information and got the run around again...Had to hang up and take break to get a coke and a smoke...I TRULY DISLIKE the FedEx call people!!!!!! I oversee a call center and would FIRE every one of these incompetent call people if they worked for me...

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast