Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,134

0 members and 3,134 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Top Shelf Exotics

This is really really hard on me. I'm 14 and payed every cent of the $600 myself. I'm really pissed. I just feel awful. There ohone number 1-877- REPT-1-LE also does not work

1.6 BP 1.1 het albino BP 1.0 Creamsicle Corn 1.0 Viper Gecko 1.1 Crested Gecko 0.1 Leopard Gecko 0.0.3 D. leucs 0.0.2 D. tincs Cobalt 0.0.4 Baby Eastern Box Turtles

Thanks

Also when was the last e-mail contact w/ this guy?

1.6 BP 1.1 het albino BP 1.0 Creamsicle Corn 1.0 Viper Gecko 1.1 Crested Gecko 0.1 Leopard Gecko 0.0.3 D. leucs 0.0.2 D. tincs Cobalt 0.0.4 Baby Eastern Box Turtles

Thanks

This is what breaks my heart and makes me so mad. People saving and scrimping for a dream and some rotten person takes advantage of that. I know...I know...it's been done before and will happen again...but what a world where a teenager has to have this happen! Dang but I'd love 10 minutes with Chris to explain just how a parent feels when their kid gets ripped off like this. This could easily have been my Luke or Beth! Awful enough for us adults to deal with, but to steal from kids! Just sick
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

I do not know anyone personally that was ripped off by Chris but it still gets my blood boiling.Its people like him that make it even harder for the small time breeders to possibly sell there reptiles in the future.I will in the near future have albino ball python,pastels(for sure next season) and someday bumblebees and i am sure i will have problems selling them.More then likely no one is going to trust the smaller breeders and buy only from well established breeders.It does not surprise me that Chris has not responded in awhile,i bet he thinks this is a big joke and nothing will happen to him.
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons
    I do not know anyone personally that was ripped off by Chris but it still gets my blood boiling.Its people like him that make it even harder for the small time breeders to possibly sell there reptiles in the future.I will in the near future have albino ball python,pastels(for sure next season) and someday bumblebees and i am sure i will have problems selling them.More then likely no one is going to trust the smaller breeders and buy only from well established breeders.It does not surprise me that Chris has not responded in awhile,i bet he thinks this is a big joke and nothing will happen to him.
    True. I'm just getting into it myself, and it makes me leery of dealing over the 'net. I feel for you Cubby. After all this, I'm not so sure I'd go to anyone except a member here, if I can afford it. But the smaller the pond, the less the choices....once all your stock is gone, then I would have to wait until the next breeding season if I was unwilling to look elsewhere...so it's a toss-up.

From the BOI and here, I don't think he's not responding and thinking it's a joke. I get the impression he probably knows how deep the kimchee is and is keeping his head down to AVOID the JAIL TIME. Fading into the nothingness will help him personally.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joepythons

Guys like Chris don't make it any harder for the small breeder than it normally is. The ball python market is very strong and there are a lot of buyers out there. If you market yourself professionally, advertise in the right places to get your name out there, and provide the best possible service you can to customers as well as prospective customers you will have no problems selling your snakes.

Even if not one person was ever scammed in this business, no one can set up a new snake biz and on day one be flooded with sales ... it takes time. Set up goals ... 5 customers your first year ... 15 your next .... before you know it you'll have a file cabinet full of paid invoices.

Don't let the scammers worry you ... they've always been here and they will continue to be here ... they don't matter ... do your own thing to the best of your ability and ignore the "noise" around you.

And most important ... HAVE FUN!!! Ball Pythons RULE!!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Excellent advice Adam! I think it's a worry for a lot of us but your common sense approach to it is very reassuring. Also the comment about having fun....if it isn't about fun, passion and love for Royals....then it's just about cleaning snake crap and hoping to make a buck and who needs just that in their life.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Also keep in mind that the bad events get the most coverage. For every person that has been scammed, there are probably hundreds (or more) that have not. People don't usually report on the successful transactions, but they'll shout from the rooftops when their deal has gone south (and rightfully so).

-Lawrence

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xdeus
    Also keep in mind that the bad events get the most coverage. For every person that has been scammed, there are probably hundreds (or more) that have not. People don't usually report on the successful transactions, but they'll shout from the rooftops when their deal has gone south (and rightfully so).
    Gospel truth there - everyone is always way to anxious to rubberneck the train wreck!

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    Black eye? ... He allegedly ripped people of for tens of thousands of dollars and has no money to refund anyone ... not black eye ... TSE is done ... forever.

-adam

I beleive Chris will be in jail shortly.. I just dont understand how you can look someone in the eye and steal from them.. I had delt with him on a few tranactions and none of them were what I was expecting except for a group of leos..
    Just a reptile lover!!!!!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast