Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,981

2 members and 1,979 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Top Shelf Exotics

Don't cut your losses. Get on the bandwagon. The more people that 'stand up' and say how much TSE has took from them...the stronger everyones' case will be.

From the way this thing is sounding.....TSE has probably taken tens of thousands of dollars from people....this stuff can not go unpunished and forgotten.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

JTMAN, it looks to be unlikely but try contact TSE. Maybe they'll be able to send yours while they may not be able to send others. Who knows??? Otherwise try the CC co/PayPal direction and there's also small claims court. Or contact someone on BOI like STING and the others may do.

Good luck to all!!!
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks

Well, someone on the BOI directed me to an email of someone who is trying to organize. I sent them another email asking for a refund of the animal and filed my complaint with paypal. Their automated response told me that its been too long and they cant do anything, but at least it is documented. I used money from my checking to pay the initial payment on 11/24. My remaining 4 payments were all from ebay profits in my paypal account. Well, I'll give it a shot but I dont know whats going to happen.

Now Im worried about buying... I couldnt find a single bad thing about TSE when I placed my order. Now this.... I guess I just cut my losses and move on. Can anyone give me like a top 5 list of most reputable breeders? (besides Adam of course ). <---- (not sure if that came out right or not but I mean you dont have to list him because hes automatically at the top as hes a much favored member of this wonderful community. Sorry If that came off as meaning hes not to be trusted, that wasnt my intention.)
    Last edited by jtman; 05-10-2006 at 10:21 PM.
    1.0 Normal - Hatched 8/05 (Charlie) Avatar pic (1365g)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon - Lemon Pastel (Daisy)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

NERD

RDR
    The Snake Keeper

Those names pop to mind immediately when thinking of a breeder who won't ever simply disappear on you. And of course, any one of our loyal members here!
    -- Judy

Thanks

6 months ago TSE would have been on that list LOL. I might have a 650 gram female and rack for sale locally.
    0.1 Normal BP -Persephone (goddess of the underworld)

Registered User shavemycoinpurse's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtman
    Well, someone on the BOI directed me to an email of someone who is trying to organize. I sent them another email asking for a refund of the animal and filed my complaint with paypal. Their automated response told me that its been too long and they cant do anything, but at least it is documented. I used money from my checking to pay the initial payment on 11/24. My remaining 4 payments were all from ebay profits in my paypal account. Well, I'll give it a shot but I dont know whats going to happen.

Now Im worried about buying... I couldnt find a single bad thing about TSE when I placed my order. Now this.... I guess I just cut my losses and move on. Can anyone give me like a top 5 list of most reputable breeders? (besides Adam of course ).
    File a complaint here as well - it won't take long and you aren't the first. The more complaints they get, the more attention they will get.

http://www.ic3.gov

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    6 months ago TSE would have been on that list LOL. I might have a 650 gram female and rack for sale locally.
    Wouldn't have been on MY list. TSE wasn't even on my radar until this thread came up. I realize that they had a good reputation and people trusted them because they had no reason not to. I know that's why folks got burned who never expected to. However, I really think you shouldn't lump all BP breeders into the "UNtrustworthy" category because of the actions of one.

If you look at the business practices of the big breeders, rather than just going by what other people say, you have a much better chance of judging whether they are worthy of your trust or not. If a business is built up very quickly and takes lots of pre-orders for snakes that haven't even hatched yet...I don't care what other people have experienced in the past, I won't be ordering an animal from them that costs over $100.

I do know how it feels to send out a high-dollar check for a snake, and be at the breeder's mercy to recieve the animal I paid for. If Adam had strung me along for months and ended up shafting me after all....I would have been heartbroken, for sure. And pissed as all get-out. But I would not transfer that broken trust to others who have proven themselves to be in it for the long haul.
    -- Judy

Thanks

I feel sorry for the people that got burned, but I did notice something about TSE that should have sent red flags up for everyone. First, they didn't provide pics of the snakes that produced the hets. Second, they didn't provide pics of the hets themselves. I know it's easy to get caught up in getting a good deal, but one should always follow their instincts even with someone with a good rep.

I know you can still get burned even if they did produce pictures, but that should definitely be one of your criteria as far as who you purchase from.

Oh, and never purchase anything from anyone near Buffalo.

-Lawrence

Thanks

Well, for now Im going to do what I can filing on the recomended sites and keep an eye on whats going on. I think I've kind of delt with the loss. Although it really sucks its better to get burned on a $500 snake now then on a snake worth thousands a few years from now. Thanks for providing a place for me to share my concerns. I wont give up on my little snaky's and my big plans for them

JT
    1.0 Normal - Hatched 8/05 (Charlie) Avatar pic (1365g)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon - Lemon Pastel (Daisy)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Thumbs up Re: Top Shelf Exotics

Quote Originally Posted by jtman
    I cant believe this! I took a brief hiatus from the forum for a little while because I was going nuts reading about ball pythons. I needed a break as I still have a few years before I can breed. So its may now and I wonder whats going on with TSE. Now i find this. I just dont know what to do. I only spent $500, so not really worth the effort to persue legally, especially when people have spent thousands. Is there any chance that things will turn around and be set right or is there no hope at all. I guess should i just cut my losses and move on or keep trying?

Jared
    Please do not give up and allow Chris to think he has won.The more people that join together the better everyones chances are of winning a judgment against TSE.I am not sure what the laws are in his state are but theft over $300 in Illinois is a felony.Maybe Chris will get some hard time to think about what he has done to everyone he has scammed.If you need assistance contacting the proper person on fauna pm me your email addy and i will give it to him.
    Joe Haggard

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast