well as some of may or may not know last Nov. I purchased some spotted pythons from an individual online. When they came I was astonished by how big the female was compared to the other female iI already owned. They had a mild respiratory disease and were sold as already fasting and ready to be cooled. I wasn't really going to cool down a snake I just got w/ out looking at the respiratory problem first and make sure they ate right? Well time and time I offered them food and they just kept refusing until the respiratory started clearing up and then my male snagged it up eating w/ all the ferociousness I have seen w/ the species but no luck w/ my female though she wasn't wheezing and was at high temps. I decided I would try to breed the two and see if I could make back some of the investment and because the female finished shedding....all in onje peice which I heard unhealthy snakes don't shed right sometimes and she was girthy like huge I figured maybe it was a breeding response.

Anyways this was about a mon. ago I have noticed all the tell-tell gravidness appearances....laying on her side and such (I thought I just saw what I wanted to see because it was so early)but 2 day I went to check on her and she was coiled around some unfertilized eggs and also some decent ones like 7-10!!!!!!! She was pregnant before I got her, and I wasn't prepared to take care of the eggs yet...I hadn't expected it for a month or two. The eggs seem okay and I have them set up in an incubator now and the female finally took some food for me I'm so glad that she isn't dieing lol.

I also talked to a keeper and he said because they had still been breeding while she was gravid it's possible she'll double clutch for me. That would be super sick and I already mated my other female too. This time I will be prepared and know the time frames and what's going on.....all the rest of my herps are doing great and I will keep every1 updated.

Thanks for reading my book.