Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,238

2 members and 3,236 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Low white pied? Het? Or paradox?

I got these two clutch mates as black nightmare YB and black nightmare enchi.
    But I’m questioning if the BN/YB could be a low white pied because the BN/enchi looks like a het with the tracks. Maybe I’m wrong and it’s just a neat paradox? BN/YB has clean white belly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloody Mary For This Useful Post:

Homebody (01-02-2024)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 842 Posts
    Ringers can be pretty common popups. A lot of times it doesn't really mean anything. Especially when you have a morph like blk pastel or cinnamon with orange dream in the mix. Champagne is another that makes ringers a lot.

But since they are black pastel...maybe? It could help to see the whole pattern on the snakes not just the tail end. Orange Dream does tend to make perfect belly tracks so I wouldn't judge them by that.

The only way to know for sure would be to breed them to a pied or have the shed skin tested for Pied.

Thanks

Re: Low white pied? Het? Or paradox?

Quote Originally Posted by Armiyana View Post
    Ringers can be pretty common popups. A lot of times it doesn't really mean anything. Especially when you have a morph like blk pastel or cinnamon with orange dream in the mix. Champagne is another that makes ringers a lot.

But since they are black pastel...maybe? It could help to see the whole pattern on the snakes not just the tail end. Orange Dream does tend to make perfect belly tracks so I wouldn't judge them by that.

The only way to know for sure would be to breed them to a pied or have the shed skin tested for Pied.
    The first two are the YB, the second is the enchi. The YB has a pure white belly, nothing on it at all. Here’s some of the YB (F)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloody Mary For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-02-2024),Homebody (01-02-2024)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 842 Posts
    I think there definitely could be something going on cause a lot of the pattern is pretty busy on both. But there's really nothing that screams pied to me on the enchi. Maybe het pied but it's still something you're probably better off testing for.