Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,347

3 members and 3,344 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 not eating?

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 1 not eating?

wow, are you sure about getting that many silkworms... you do know they cocoon don't you?

there's a few different places you can get silkies from...

http://www.thewormroom.com - i know her and she's really great!

http://www.canadianfeeders.com/ - great canadian supplier

http://www.silkwormwholesale.com/ - heard great things about them.

and of course,

http://www.mulberryfarms.com

to name a few...

~~~

and yes you can feed the newly shed mealworms (which are white) but man that's a lot of work to get those guys. i was doing that for awhile but it was just too much work to dig them out and wait for them to be ready... silkworms, for me, are much easier.

i start them from eggs, feeding them and growing them to feed.
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

ya i was thinking 1000 small slikworms to start with. and of corse chow. but whats even better is i have a big moleberry tree in my backyard. at least i think its a molebury tree ill have to stop by a nuresy to find out for sure. but it is a tree and has these berrys that look like black berrys. but i cant order them till it warms up what ive been reading says they like it 77-88 and they are very fragle when it comes to temps, handleing ect....so its mealys for now till spring and then as the grow and cocon then trun to moths ect maybe ill get egs that will hatch ect...... you know but at 24.00 or so for smalls from molebury farms that dont sound so bad and beter than cricks for them

Thanks

it's a mulberry bush... just so you know

and when they ship them, they put in a heat pack and they survive just fine during shipping... as they use overnight shipping. just so you know.
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

I thought it was a bush but my father before he passed told me they were trees not bushes, lol. Regardless i did separate them yesterday morning after i was sure i could get the improvised cage up to temp. After being in it for a day sandy seems to be doing much better. This morning instead of just sitting there when i tried to pick her up she ran away and was running around the cage much more actively. Last night i also picked up a cup of wax worms and thing of dragon food. I put a few wax worms in her cage along with some fresh food processed apples (no seeds I core and slice) and OJ soaked dragon food. it looks like she ate some of the worms and apples. So i think she’s going to be ok. I was going to wait until i get my tax return to order the new bigger dividable cage but I’m placing the order at the end of the week instead.

Thanks

I am glad things have picked up for your dragon! Keep us updated please.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

well today i didnt have to pick her up to get her started. when i openeed the cage she got up on all four legs. i noticed her salid dish and she had eaten almost all the apples in it. i washed the dish and gave her a fresh salid of

turnup and colard greens with just a bit of yellow squash and carrot all food processed to small bite sized bits. thanks supper walmart. also i was able to pick up 3 new acu-rites 11.87 each.

Thanks

congrats!!!
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

Yes she is definitely much improved. She is eating again, I saw her head dive into a small bowl of meal worms. She is running around her cage to get away from my hand and she is Pooing again. I gave her a daily bath in which she drank a lot of water. The first time I saw her stick her head into the water and start drinking I thought she was trying to drown herself but nope she was just drinking. lol after hand feeding her some collards and apples to get her going She’s eating on her own again. i was cleaning the anole cage and I watched her jump off her basking rock run across the cage and gobble down 4 or 5 meal worms. I also made a stop at Wal-Mart and got a digital 5 lbs food scale. Sandy is 72 grams I will be weighing her weekly to check her progress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12