Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,241

0 members and 3,241 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

2nd clutch ever! Would love your thoughts :)

I have some ideas, so I’ll put them above each pic. Pairing was Super Pastel Butter YB DG x Pin OD het DG. I’m not sure if posting an entire 9 egg clutch is okay? I’d just really love some insights!

#1 - I think Pastel Pin OD DG

#2 - Same as first - Pastel Pin OD DG

#3 - Pastel Pin Butter YB het DG

#4 - Pastel Pin Butter het DG

#5 - Pastel Pin Butter het DG? Idk, it has more orange on the sides IRL than the last two.

#6 - Pastel DG?

#7 - Pastel Butter OD het DG?

#8 - Pastel Pin (pos OD?) het DG

#9 - Last one is really orange. Pastel OD (YB?) het DG

Any thoughts at all very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    femmefalconer
    Clutch Genetics
    14.16 BP
    1.1 Mid Content Wolfdog “Nox” & High Content Wolfdog “Tawny”
    0.2 Red-tailed Hawks “Asha” and “Nightshade”

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    Whew, you have a really complex grouping of morphs, it's going to be some really tough IDs. I can definitely see some of the guesses you have and others I am not sure what inspired pieces of the guesses. Telling YB from OD in these particular combos is going to be really tough.

#1 I think you are right or close to right but I'm not sure how you can tell YB from OD in this.
    #2 same issue as #1
    #3 same issue as #1 plus I question if this one is DG as clean as the pattern is and really light coloration, especially the greyed out black.
    #4 agreed
    #5 agreed
    #6 This one I'm really unsure of DG on. The yellow is muted but the black is pretty strong. Pattern isn't super clean. May just be Pastel het DG
    #7 This one I suspect YB over OD because of the way the black lines the belly. I would expect OD to show a little more orange in this combo as well even fighting with the Butter.
    #8 I think it does have OD
    #9 This one I can't see the belly that well but I suspect YB + OD instead of one or the other. It appears to have some tracking from what I can see in the second pic and the orange is especially rich.

I haven't worked with DG in person, just studied it from pics and videos, so someone who has worked with it might be able to clear up that part of the IDs better than me. If the Butter and DG came from different parents I'd say maybe pics would help to tell if your Butter line is higher black than typical, but since it's in the same animal with Super Pastel that likely won't help. Can't hurt to post pics of parents if you have some available though.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

femmefalconer (08-02-2023)

Thanks

Re: 2nd clutch ever! Would love your thoughts :)

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    Whew, you have a really complex grouping of morphs, it's going to be some really tough IDs. I can definitely see some of the guesses you have and others I am not sure what inspired pieces of the guesses. Telling YB from OD in these particular combos is going to be really tough.

#1 I think you are right or close to right but I'm not sure how you can tell YB from OD in this.
    #2 same issue as #1
    #3 same issue as #1 plus I question if this one is DG as clean as the pattern is and really light coloration, especially the greyed out black.
    #4 agreed
    #5 agreed
    #6 This one I'm really unsure of DG on. The yellow is muted but the black is pretty strong. Pattern isn't super clean. May just be Pastel het DG
    #7 This one I suspect YB over OD because of the way the black lines the belly. I would expect OD to show a little more orange in this combo as well even fighting with the Butter.
    #8 I think it does have OD
    #9 This one I can't see the belly that well but I suspect YB + OD instead of one or the other. It appears to have some tracking from what I can see in the second pic and the orange is especially rich.

I haven't worked with DG in person, just studied it from pics and videos, so someone who has worked with it might be able to clear up that part of the IDs better than me. If the Butter and DG came from different parents I'd say maybe pics would help to tell if your Butter line is higher black than typical, but since it's in the same animal with Super Pastel that likely won't help. Can't hurt to post pics of parents if you have some available though.
    Thank you so much for this detailed reply! I took a pic of #6 and #7 next to each other, and then a pic of a Pastel het DG baby from another clutch next to #7. A friend told me he was “100%” sure #6 was DG btw. Also pics of parents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    femmefalconer
    Clutch Genetics
    14.16 BP
    1.1 Mid Content Wolfdog “Nox” & High Content Wolfdog “Tawny”
    0.2 Red-tailed Hawks “Asha” and “Nightshade”

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to femmefalconer For This Useful Post:

Homebody (08-02-2023),nikkubus (08-03-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    If your friend works with DG, I'd take his word over mine on 6 then, and probably get his opinion on 3 or if I'm just seeing things. Looking at 6 vs the picture underneath, it does look a lot cleaner.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

femmefalconer (08-03-2023),Homebody (08-03-2023)