My bp has started soaking randomly over the past two weeks - I've caught him twice - once was over thanksgiving and he only had about 4 inches of body in the bowl (which is too small for him anyway). This morning he was trying to cram all of himself into it. He's 7 years old and I have never seen this behavior before.

His temps are constant 80 cool hide, 88 hot hide, ambient 79-80. Humidity is a bit unstable this time of the year, about 65-70% right after I wet down his sponges and it drops over 1-2 days. I refresh them with warm water when his humidity gets to about 50%. His hot side drops a little faster.

I just had his yearly check up, no health issues at all, fecal was negative. I haven't seen any signs of mites (though I'm not terrified that is why he is soaking), but he is a cinny mojo so his belly is crisp white and I would think I'd see mites easily, I didn't see anything near his eyes or heat pits.

I do have a new snake that I've had for about two months, but he is in a separate room under strict QT. He is done last at night and I wash my hands with medical grade disinfectant. They share nothing - not even the same sink for washing dishes. No signs of mites on that one either (a 20g rat snake). Just feeling a little panicked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.