Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,199

2 members and 3,197 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,839 Times in 11,851 Posts

Re: Weird red scales on BP?

Quote Originally Posted by Alyazisr View Post
    The vet gave me a broad spectrum antibiotic i think, But nonetheless it wont hurt to soak him in vetericyn too better safe than sorry!!
    There may be a limit but you guys probably helped me out and gave me information a ton more than my vet ( not that i mean they didn’t, I appreciate all that they did despite their little knowledge in BP’S but they did not get into specifics at all or ease my worries ) so thank you all! ^^
    Well many vets just don't see enough snakes to get experience with them, so maybe try to share (tactfully) what has been suggested & whatever seems to be working so your vet learns too.

Depending on what this is, the topical medications might not penetrate the skin enough to cure an infection, if that's what this is. (the swelling suggests infection, to me) And if you got a broad spectrum antibiotic cream from the vet, you don't likely need the others (OTC products that we suggested) in conjunction.

On the other hand, IF this is a burn (if you find where & how this might have occurred?) a better topical medication would probably be Silvadene cream. Safe & used as directed topically on snakes+.

"SILVADENE Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine) is a topical antimicrobial drug indicated as an adjunct for the prevention and treatment of wound sepsis in patients with second- and third-degree burns"
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (10-15-2022),Alyazisr (10-14-2022),Armiyana (10-10-2022),Homebody (10-11-2022)

Thanks

Weird red scales on BP?

Hello everybody! Just wanted to update you on what’s been happening with my baby! The red area/swelling is completely gone now after soaking him in vetericyn these past days for 30 minutes and applying the cream prescribed by the vet! In the next check up i will inform them on what i did by your suggestions ( tactfully as said by bogertrophis so they can hopefully have more experience to share with other ball python owners ) and he’s been eating well and no problems so far.

Again i would like to thank everyone that helped, I’ve gained so much help and information, and a little more understanding about ball pythons health care.

Thank you! 🫶
    Last edited by Alyazisr; 10-14-2022 at 07:36 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alyazisr For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (10-15-2022),Armiyana (10-14-2022),Bogertophis (10-14-2022),Spicey (10-14-2022)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12