Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,060

0 members and 3,060 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,132
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodent Pro

Thanks

Re: Rodent Pro

There is ALWAYS herps being sold at the Columbus show. But when the hatchlings start to come, you just have alot more to choose from. When I say ALOT more to choose from, I am not joking. I spent over 2 hrs. going through Don Hampers and another breeders baby bp's a few yrs back to find the "right one" for me! Don Hamper had the "right one".
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

I must say, I have been less than impressed with my last 2 RP shipments. Multiple rodents with their heads detached (which they explain is from contact with the dry ice, which shouldnt happen), and scrawny dirty rats with feces on them. I have begun to wonder whether RP is actually processing their own or buying from outside rat breeders and just repackaging. Major size differences in small rats is another issue. I am going to probably take a try with one of the other places (big cheese or the mouse factory). Just my thoughts for what it is worth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02
    RodentPro small rats are 20/bag at .99 cents a piece and their larges are 5/bag at 1.69 a piece. Here's the link: RodentPro

American Rodent Supply smalls are 25/bag at 1.00 a piece and larges are 5/bag at 2.00 a piece. Here's the link: American Rodent Supply

ARS is a little more expensive I guess, but they also vaccuum pack their animals... and the next time I order, it's going to be a big one, and I want the rats to keep.

I've also heard nothing but good about their products, and just want to try something different, see how it goes.
    Let us know for sure how that goes, Please. I too have been buying from rodent pro and the only thing I can complain about is the fact that thiers are not vaccuum sealed, and I too buy large amounts of rodents, so vaccuum sealed would be a little nicer. Maybe post pics after you pick up your rodents through them, so all can see how they do package?
    *Jeanne*

Thanks

Will do... it'll probably be middle of January (I believe Jan. 21st is the next show). But I'll let you all know.

Jamie, I've just had the one order, but I've heard lots of other people's complaints about RP. And, in my one order, there were definately differences in rat sizes (I believe I had one medium-large stuck in with the smalls, cause it was huge).

Again, I really don't have anything against RP, I just wanna shop around and see how it goes.

I'll let ya'll know!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02
    Will do... it'll probably be middle of January (I believe Jan. 21st is the next show). But I'll let you all know.

Jamie, I've just had the one order, but I've heard lots of other people's complaints about RP. And, in my one order, there were definately differences in rat sizes (I believe I had one medium-large stuck in with the smalls, cause it was huge).

Again, I really don't have anything against RP, I just wanna shop around and see how it goes.

I'll let ya'll know!
    Please do. Aside from feces and overall bad looking rodents, most stunk of urine as well. Unfortunately I have never seen any word on forums from Kevin or Kelli Bryant and the only contact I have had there is with Casey. While he was very nice and gave me some extras in my next order, there was really not a whole lot of explanation for why the sudden drop in quality.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    Please do. Aside from feces and overall bad looking rodents, most stunk of urine as well. Unfortunately I have never seen any word on forums from Kevin or Kelli Bryant and the only contact I have had there is with Casey. While he was very nice and gave me some extras in my next order, there was really not a whole lot of explanation for why the sudden drop in quality.

Now that you mention that, I guess I do have another complaint. I too have had this problem with recent rodentscicles. Some are dirty and just plain nasty, and I have had alot with detached heads and/or mutilated looking. I too was told it had something to do with the dry ice, but it still dont explain why they are dirty and nasty smelling because of urine/feces. Also, I did notice the size difference within one batch of what should have been small rats... a few of them I could not use cause they were just way to big, and I actuallly have 2 sitting in the freezer now, that I dont know that I will use for awhile b/c of thier size. Lets not forget also, some look aweful skinny even after thawing, almost like they are not being fed as well maybe.
    *Jeanne*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne
    Now that you mention that, I guess I do have another complaint. I too have had this problem with recent rodentscicles. Some are dirty and just plain nasty, and I have had alot with detached heads and/or mutilated looking. I too was told it had something to do with the dry ice, but it still dont explain why they are dirty and nasty smelling because of urine/feces. Also, I did notice the size difference within one batch of what should have been small rats... a few of them I could not use cause they were just way to big, and I actuallly have 2 sitting in the freezer now, that I dont know that I will use for awhile b/c of thier size. Lets not forget also, some look aweful skinny even after thawing, almost like they are not being fed as well maybe.
    All of this makes me believe that they are getting rats from outside sources and just repackaging them. Not what I was promised or paid for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    All of this makes me believe that they are getting rats from outside sources and just repackaging them. Not what I was promised or paid for.
    You know, I thought about that too, but was just not sure. And when I did start asking questions, I really got no answer.
    *Jeanne*

Thanks
    Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

oh dear. i have an order coming from rodent pro the first week of january. i have always been very pleased with their service and the rats i get from them so i really hope that this hasn't changed drastically. i have always gotten clean, fat rats, with intact bodies. i know that they have been running out of stock very quickly--there is only about one day out of every 2 weeks or so that you can actually order certain sizes of rats before they are out of stock again so i'm not sure what's going on there...
    - Emily

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee
    oh dear. i have an order coming from rodent pro the first week of january. i have always been very pleased with their service and the rats i get from them so i really hope that this hasn't changed drastically. i have always gotten clean, fat rats, with intact bodies. i know that they have been running out of stock very quickly--there is only about one day out of every 2 weeks or so that you can actually order certain sizes of rats before they are out of stock again so i'm not sure what's going on there...
    It could be the fact that they may be getting thier rats from outside sources causing an issue like that. It makes no sense to me as to why it would be like that if the rodents were coming from them only. I think recently there have been complaints on BOI about these things, but cant remember.
    *Jeanne*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast