Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,697

3 members and 2,694 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,572
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
    Thanks

duck tape

I know we have all heard this a hundred times but here is another example of why you should never use duct tape in your enclosure even if you think that there is no possible way your snake could get into it.

This is embarrassing and I'm calling myself out on this one.

I was trying a new makeshift disposable water container (pie pan lids) that would be easy enough just to have one used as a lining and one used as a permanent fixture and swap out the dirty one. (I have probably 150 of them saved up from different times because I cannot throw anything away lol.)

Then I made the bad decision. To get it to stay in place I decided I would use a small piece of duct tape to hold it to the bottom of the container. I thought that with it helding down the pie pan lid on top of it and coconut fiber bedding all the way around it that the snake would never get down to the duck tape.

I was lucky, very lucky, because the python is not stuck on the tape but here is a picture the show just how bad it could have been.

She actually crawled into the space inside the rolled duct tape and thankfully is only in contact with the non-sticky side. But this could have been so much worse! I want to be another voice and an example of why tape has no place in the enclosure.

There is no place in the enclosure the snake will not go!

I am now changing out and removing the duck tape and going back to the Tupperware cup containers I was using that stayed in place better.

Sent from my SM-S426DL using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daniel_Effler For This Useful Post:

Aidenfree50 (03-19-2022),Armiyana (03-13-2022),Bogertophis (03-13-2022),Erie_herps (03-13-2022),Malum Argenteum (03-13-2022)