Quote Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
I'm considering taking Wiggles outside tomorrow, but I'm concerned about the reception he'll receive from my neighbors. The weather should be beautiful, sunny, 85 degrees, but I live in a city and the only outdoor space I have is a public park. I imagine I'll encounter both people that are terrified of snakes and those that can't keep their hand off them. Frankly, I doubt the UV and pretty pics are worth the drama, but maybe my imagination is running away with me.
It's generally a bad idea to show up with a snake where you know people won't expect to see one & where some may be terrified of them- you also might run into rules or legal issues being in a public park. (I've heard of someone being harassed for being in violation of the "leash law", despite the fact that no snake can keep a collar & leash ON.) While it's lots of fun to share a snake with most people, I'd suggest finding a quiet out of the way area so as not to cause a scene. And it won't end well if Wiggles decides to nip someone- are you sure this won't be an issue? Nothing like a bite to make snakes even more hated & feared.