Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,350

3 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: Upgrade!

Thanks

Upgrade!

Hey all! My lovely BP is getting bigger and it is time for an upgrade in terrarium

I am thinking of switching to a 48 x 24 x 24 PVC but am not super sure what brand to go with. I would like something more on the affordable side. Any recommendations?

Also what type of heating is typically usable with PVC tanks? Would I still be able to use my over the top build heating?

Thanks!!

Thanks

Re: Upgrade!

Oh also! I was also looking at Melamine by boamaster. They look very nice

Thanks
    Go with http://www.animalplastics.com bro. They're the best AND the cheapest, by a significant margin... better yet, just find a private PVC cage maker in your area - that's usually even cheaper, again by a relatively significant margin. Harder to accomplish to say the least, but well worth it. I happened to get lucky from within my northern VA, USA area and got a 66Lx26Dx36H PVC cage with sliding glass and two 10-inch screen covered holes in the top for only 675$!!!! =O
    Last edited by Oh_no_its_a_snake; 03-10-2022 at 03:13 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oh_no_its_a_snake For This Useful Post:

Homebody (03-10-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,193 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyvbee View Post
    Also what type of heating is typically usable with PVC tanks? Would I still be able to use my over the top build heating?
    For a BP, heat tape and/or a radiant heat panel will provide heat without drying out your enclosure. One of the great benefits of pvc enclosures is their ability to retain humidity. Using over the tank heating will undermine that unnecessarily. I got mine from Reptile Basics and they've worked well for me.
    Last edited by Homebody; 03-10-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,193 Posts

Note to Admin: This post should be in the Caging Forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oh_no_its_a_snake View Post
    Go with http://www.animalplastics.com bro. They're the best AND the cheapest, by a significant margin... better yet, just find a private PVC cage maker in your area - that's usually even cheaper, again by a relatively significant margin. Harder to accomplish to say the least, but well worth it. I happened to get lucky from within my northern VA, USA area and got a 66Lx26Dx36H PVC cage with sliding glass and two 10-inch screen covered holes in the top for only 675$!!!! =O
    Best quality for the price, but you're also waiting an eternity for your order so, might not be the best option if you need something in a timely manner.

Mine took 7 months to arrive for the record, and that was before the supply issues currently ravaging everything really kicked in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Homebody (03-10-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,841 Times in 11,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    Note to Admin: This post should be in the Caging Forum.
    Not necessarily- it fits with "husbandry" too. If you'll notice some of the stickies in husbandry address how to set up PVC & glass cages, etc. But thanks.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Homebody (03-10-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 426 Posts
    One vote for Animal Plastics with a ProProducts heat panel and a Herpstat thermostat. Long waiting time on the first two, so order now.

These are the most affordable options if a person considers that all three hold their value incredibly well (a used AP cage could be sold for new price currently, and the panel and thermostat will always be worth at least 1/2 - 2/3 of new value), and will help to keep your snake healthy and out of the vet's office. One RI pays for a good thermostat.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Malum Argenteum For This Useful Post:

Homebody (03-10-2022)