Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,210

1 members and 3,209 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

How to move pvc enclosures across the country...?

I'm considering moving either across the country, or at least to a state away (which is still a 1000 mile drive and I do not drive a truck), and not sure what to do about all these 4x2 pvc enclosures, some that I had just set up not even one year ago LOL. Is the only solution really to sell the enclosures and start all over? Is it financially worthwhile to pay for a moving truck to drive across the country? Has anyone done this?

For context, I currently have three 4x2x2 pvc, a 3x2 pvc, and a 2x2 pvc that I'm mainly considering moving. I also have a three stack 5x2x2 (connected, so can't separate) that I believe is just going to be impossible to move and was thinking to just sell it when the time comes... but let me know if anyone has ideas!

(Thankfully moving the snakes is easy)
    Last edited by redshepherd; 12-22-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    In hindsight, I just realized my question is basically a "what is the least expensive and/or most ideal way to move any large fragile furniture across the country?" LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Re: How to move pvc enclosures across the country...?

I can't speak to moving the animals so my advice is going to come strictly from my experience just moving in general. When my wife and I purchased our house we wanted to move to a better part of our state, which ended up being a city a good distance south of where we were both from. We moved her house and my apartment into the new house using a moving company. Now, to be very clear, this was a licensed and insured legit moving company not just some guys that do it on the weekend for a few extra bucks. They came in and did literally everything for us, and wrapped all our fragile items in bubble wrap and moving blankets to make sure nothing broke. All in all it cost us around $400-$500 for them to drive to my wife's house, load it up, then to my apartment, then to the new house.

I would highly recommend hiring one of these companies as it removed a boat-load of stress off us not having to worry about going the uhaul route, or hurting ourselves moving furniture. Just do your research, Google reviews are your friend, and find a company that's insured so in the even that something is damaged, they'll cover replacement/repair.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-22-2021),Homebody (12-22-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts
    I would rent a U-Haul and move them. Right now larger enclosure shipments are backordered four months or more.