Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,495

1 members and 3,494 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks

Morph Market Question

I decided to try purchasing a snake through Morph Market for the first time and so far it has gone very badly. I am not posting this to complain, but I would like to know if something similar has happened to anyone else and if I have any options moving forward?

Summary of what happened.

10/29/21 - I saw an Emerald Tree Boa for sale on Morph Market and contacted the seller by texting a cell phone number in his ad. I asked him if he would hold the snake for up to 4 weeks for me if I put down a deposit or paid in full. He agreed to hold him if I paid in full. I paid him $1,570.00 via Paypal.

11/15/21 - Through text message we arranged a ship date of 11/18/21.

11/18/21 - He confirmed that it shipped as planned.

11/19/21 - The snake arrived but was dead on arrival. Seller reached out to me within minutes to confirm I had received the snake and I gave him the bad news. He told me that he would ship me another snake the following week and I requested a picture. He told me he would send me a picture soon.

12/16-21 - I have had several text exchanges with the seller since 11/19/21 (as recently as 12/14/21. However, have not received a picture or ship date for the new snake. I tell him via text that I would like a refund minus the shipping costs. I did not receive a response.

12/17/21 - I go on Morph Market to fill out a dispute form and find that the seller has deleted his account. I know it was still active on 12/14/21.

I have the seller's full name, phone number, and address. I found his facebook pages (personal and business). I have screen shots of his Morph Market ad and I have all of our text messages. But I still have no idea what to do. I reached out to Morph Market a few minutes ago, but I don't know if there is anything they can do since he already deleted his account.

I appreciate any feedback regarding this situation.

Thank you,
    Brian

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bfrank For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-17-2021),Homebody (12-17-2021)