Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,283

2 members and 3,281 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    BPnet Veteran ballpythonandragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Thinking maybe a baby Scrub

Hello im thinking about getting a baby Scrub and im wondering if anyone keeps or has kept these snakes before. I saw one at a local petstore and loved it but was shyd away. I was told also they could be kept in a 5'by2'by18" enclosure. Im wanting to get things setup and ready before i lay down some cash for a snake. Thanks Aaron
    don't have any reptiles apartment says no.

Thanks

Re: Thinking maybe a baby Scrub

Hello anyone there lol

Thanks

im also wondering where do you find a good breeder of boas and pythons? and breeder of BCI's Thanks Aaron

Thanks

I'd recommend skipping the scrub for now. They are big, strong, semi-arboreal snakes that are well known for testing their keepers. Baby scrubs aren't very forgiving of husbandry errors, and bites from adult animals are painful & can be dangerous, as they often have a tendency to strike towards the face/eyes.

Not to sound condescending, but quite frankly if you were all studied up on scrub pythons & what it takes to properly keep them, you'd have come across some good resources for CBB scrubs in your research.

They are not a beginner species...they're very much on the advanced-side-of-intermediate herp keeping, simply for their potential to grow very large & inflict extremely painful, slashing bites.

On the other hand, the various scrub python species are extremely beautiful animals that make challenging & rewarding captives for the thoroughly prepared & experienced herpetoculturist.

Just my $.02

K~
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

ok what would you suggest, im wanting to either get a BCI or a Carpet python, im wanting a snake i can take out and be able to handle by myself but want something that will eat well and will let you set down and watch tv with.

Thanks

Aaron,

Not to be mean or anything, but I feel this needs pointing out. There is absolutely no reason to continue to ask the same question in multiple ways in many threads. Over the past few weeks you have asked that alot and gotten the same answer many times. The answer is not going to change.

As far as a snake that will settle down and such as you would like, it depends on the "personality" of the snake and temperment as to whether or not it will do as you wish it to do. And because those things are very individual between several snakes of the same species, we cannot tell you exactly what you want us to tell you. Howver, you have more luck of having a boa being as you hope it to be as an adult. BCI's being a good choice also.

As far as a breeder, several have been suggested to you in threads, I am sure you know how to use the search menu and find those once again. Also, in your research on the net, you should have come across many great breeders or found what you want in KS classifieds or fauna classifieds.

Have a good night!
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"