Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,801

2 members and 3,799 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Thanks

Re: Seriously underweight baby BP won’t eat

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I'm so glad you let them know what happened & what a sad ordeal this was for you & especially for Pepper. I wish more people would do this- it may not change things overnight, but they want to stay in business so they'd better listen. GOOD WORK! That's awesome they reimbursed you too. Not every store will do so- they'll try to blame the buyer. Who knows, I'll bet that you weren't the first such case, so maybe they'll at least get a better source, & change some policies.
    “Ordeal” is the word for it - I actually stopped at the store first last night on my way home from work, and the store manager wasn’t there so I was explaining to an “assistant manager” (who told me that this was just her after-school job) and she just kept repeating that their policy if an animal dies is that it has to be under 30 days and you have to bring the animal back to get a refund, and didn’t seem to understand that getting a refund was not at all my concern in this situation. So I called the vet to check if they had cremated him yet, and then drove back up there last night to get the body so that I could bring it with me this morning and give it back to them and tell the guy exactly what I thought about THAT policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bellybelly For This Useful Post:

AutumnVanilla (11-08-2021),Bogertophis (11-06-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,829 Times in 11,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellybelly View Post
    “Ordeal” is the word for it - I actually stopped at the store first last night on my way home from work, and the store manager wasn’t there so I was explaining to an “assistant manager” (who told me that this was just her after-school job) and she just kept repeating that their policy if an animal dies is that it has to be under 30 days and you have to bring the animal back to get a refund, and didn’t seem to understand that getting a refund was not at all my concern in this situation. So I called the vet to check if they had cremated him yet, and then drove back up there last night to get the body so that I could bring it with me this morning and give it back to them and tell the guy exactly what I thought about THAT policy.

No wonder the mgr. got such an ear-full, lol. Maybe that worked for the best- in terms of you're speaking up- & making them THINK about the crappy way they're doing things. Again, You went to a lot of trouble, but for such a good cause. These stores need to stop treating baby snakes so shabbily. And they should know by now that most of us know better than to even buy from them BECAUSE of stuff like this- maybe it's time they stop selling live animals, or do it the RIGHT way.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

AutumnVanilla (11-08-2021),Bellybelly (11-06-2021)

Thanks

Just a little update that I thought you all might be happy to hear - the manager at the store did file an official complaint against the breeder they get their snakes from and they’re now doing an investigation at all the stores they supply, apparently there aren’t really rules for the corporate breeders as to how young/little the animals they ship can be, but the manager I’ve been dealing with at my local store did make a fuss to whoever’s above him about a lot of the BPs they get in being underweight and not eating.

Doesn’t really solve the underlying problem of how those big box stores care for their animals, but, well, I made something happen at least. Maybe it will save a few baby snakes from being shipped and sold way too young in the future. Even if it’s just to prevent getting harassed by people like me

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bellybelly For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (11-18-2021),Bogertophis (11-18-2021),Erie_herps (11-19-2021),plateOfFlan (11-18-2021),Spicey (11-20-2021)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567