Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,246

3 members and 3,243 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 492 Posts

Re: Health & Other Issues and properly caring for reptiles right now.....

So sorry to hear about your troubles, Dave and Katie! I hope you two get some answers soon and wish you the best. I'm also in the group that would be over in a flash to help out if I lived a bit closer. That said, feel free to give me a holler if you ever feel like things are reaching a crisis level. There's a good chance I may be able to swing a visit for something like that. If you just need to talk, feel free to PM me as well.

I feel you on the "not having the snakes out as much as I'd like" front. Between some work-related burnout and a not-insignificant scare of my own recently, I've only had the snakes out for what I'd consider a baseline amount of exercise and haven't been changing out water bowls as frequently. (I've taken to changing them out every other day. My kids really like fresh water, particularly the girls). It's made me think thrice about bringing in new additions or that rehome I was offered. The resiliency and hardiness of snakes makes them a lot easier to manage in situations compared to other pets, but that kinda breaks down when things and collections scale up (heh).

You've always done your best by your reptiles, and I don't think that this will change that. It's obvious that they're in good hands. Again, I wish you and Katie the best, and I hope you two feel better soon!
    0.1 Sonoran Boa sigma​: "Adelita" ('19 Hypo het. leopard)
    1.0 Boa imperator longicauda: "Kuzco" ('19 het. anery)
    0.1 West Papuan Morelia spilota​: "Pandora" ('20)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WrongPython For This Useful Post:

dakski (05-20-2021),GoingPostal (05-20-2021)