Hey everyone! So, I've been talking with someone who would like to sell me their 9-year-old Trans-Pecos ratsnake, and I'm very excited to have the instant gratification of an adult-sized snake lol, as well as finally have a snake for the habitat I have been working on.

I will be quarantining him because of the two other reptiles in my house. Our one other snake will be just out of quarantine once I get this snake in a few weeks, unless our vet advises against it (if so, I know the "quarantine clock" resets). Apart from the setup (paper towels, hides, uth with thermostat), and leaving him alone for a week after getting him, are there any slight tweaks to quarantine for adult snakes that I should know about?

I was thinking of getting a tub, and drilling ventilation holes in it, because I did not want him to nose rub on the screen of a smaller glass tank, although I have reservations about a tub because of the potential raised humidity (although the Snakes N Adders video on TPRSes recommended starting younger ones in tubs so they can "gain confidence," but this guy is an adult). Would anyone have opinions on what I should use for the quarantine enclosure? Also, what size would you make the quarantine enclosure? The snake looks about 4-5 feet long.