Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,200

0 members and 3,200 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Long Island, NY; moving soon to Gainesville, FL
    Thanks

Re: Why do some people return their ball pythons?

Quote Originally Posted by TofuTofuTofu View Post
    Student housing can be tricky, but I don't think it will be impossible, because many designate any pets in a container (like your fish) as the same, and they wouldn't care. When I looked for apartments with my adult iguana, there was only one place I can remember that said heck no (the quote was something like "everyone thinks their pets are wonderful" when I told her that he cannot destroy stuff), but the other 10 or so places I applied to didn't care. This was also because I think they thought he was small, and in an enclosure--not a free-roaming adult. But, my apartment landlords loved him once I moved in. "I am moving and can't take him with" is such a common excuse that rescues hear, and I am convinced these are people who just don't try, and use moving as an excuse. As long as you down have a literal tiger as a pet, or maybe a crocodile, I am optimistic for you, just based on my own experience. I am unsure how strict your student housing would be, though.

Also, since you're moving to Gainseville, check out Hernando Reptile Rescue if you want to consider adoption. They would be about 2 hours south of you, but they usually have a few ball pythons for adoption.
    Thanks for the advice! I probably won't be in university-owned student housing, more likely just a regular apartment in the area. In any case I'm definitely going to ask about the details of the pet policy for the places I'm looking at. Most of them only explain about cats and dogs on their websites--which I'm happy when they allow cats lol, but it's not helpful information for non-cat/dog pets.
    Everyone's weird in their own stupid way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hihit For This Useful Post:

TofuTofuTofu (05-13-2021)