Hi y'all,

So I have a male that's gonna turn 3yrs next month & I have had him a month now. He absolutely refuses f/t, like he turns & goes away from it, but he goes for live as soon as I throw one in. I just went from a small live rat to sm/med live rat. He has gained 100 grams since I got him from someone that fed irregularly. He is up from 780g to 902g before the new feed size. Should I start spacing his feedings out more than weekly yet or should weekly still be fine, I dont want to go from underfed to overfed.

I also have a female from same breeder with irregular feeding that will be 2yrs in a few months. She was just under 400g & is now at 500g. She would not take a small f/t rat but demolishes rat pups, I can't seem to find any weaned rats available near me. I have been giving her 2 rat pups at a time & intend to move to weaned rats until she is comfortable going to small rats as she is big enough for the small f/t my local pet shop has.

I know BPs are picky eaters but I would love any advice on if this seems like acceptable growth & how to go about upping the size & switching an adult to f/t. Thank you all kindly in advance!