So, I am pretty new here, but some of you may know that a few months/weeks ago I was wanting a Leopard Gecko.

And here I am.

I went to a reptile show 2 days ago and got her(him?). I would say she is doing pretty good. (From my research) Her name is Aya (It means colorful design) She is 2 months old. (40$) When I first brought her home I put her in her tank and she explored a bit then settled in her warm hide. She comes out when I am not around (at night, although she is actually in my room) but during the day she stays in her warm hide.

I have been feeding crickets and mealworms, the first feeding I was worried because she would eat the crickets and not the mealworms, but I think that's because she has never had them before. She will come 1/2 out of her hide to snap at some food and I have started sticking my hand in the tank for a few minutes and she will take a few steps out of her hide to see.

Right now I am sitting by her (and talking to her) and she is poking her head out to look at me. She would not eat if I just dropped the crickets or mealworms in there (even when I backed off) so I am tong-feeding and putting them a few inches out of her hide right now. I am worried about leaving them in there because I am using paper towel substrate and when I tried just putting crickets in and leaving they hid under the paper towels and was even hard for me to find. So I was worried they would come out and nibble on her toes.

I am dusting with Rep-Cal D3 and leaving a bottle cap of Rep-Cal no D3 in her tank (which she has been licking at) She has 2 1/2 hides (warm, humid, and a tube big enough for all of her to fit in easily to act as a cool hide. My only worry is her warm hide/side is 95 Fahrenheit but, she has the freedom to come out and go to her cool side (75 Fahrenheit) so I guess she is fine. I am not adding more substrate layers right now because I was told to never pick up there hide because that is there secure place. (I will when she comes out.)

I am NOT doing any real lighting right now, (not as far as heating) but I know they should get a night-day cycle. The several breeders I talked to at the show said not to do any lighting so I am a bit confused on that!?

Here she is, (if you can see the picture) any comments appreciated and thanks!

https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/fil...img_6957_1.jpg