Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,342

2 members and 3,340 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: BP not Eating

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 534 Posts

Re: BP not Eating

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas S View Post
    A good deal on a snake "Kit" is one thing, How about a good deal on a BP? The Pet ------ store near me has a Black Pastel just like my BP for $49.99! I paid $149.99 + $50.00 shipping for my Pastel, I think im going to get seriously sick....
    Yea but you get what you pay for. You paid $100 more for the animal, but you also got it from a trusted breeder, who you can trust took good care of it before it came to you. You paid more, but I can almost guarantee that you got a healthier snake. Plus you know for sure what genes that snake is. You can ask them about the breeding pair it came from, you can verify FOR SURE what genes you're working with with that snake, etc etc. A pet store snake is just whatever they were told it is, or what they think it is. You can't ask them for breeding records like you can a good breeder.

You gotta stop thinking so negative about this stuff. You got a healthy snake, it's eating, and you found a great herp community to get advice from. You're doing fine bud, don't get hung up on "should have, would have, could have" stuff.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 05-21-2021 at 02:23 PM. Reason: fixed symbols in quote

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-20-2021),Spicey (05-21-2021),Zincubus (05-20-2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,835 Times in 11,849 Posts

A good deal on a snake "Kit" is one thing, How about a good deal on a BP? The Pet------ store near me has a Black Pastel just like my BP for $49.99! I paid $149.99 + $50.00 shipping for my Pastel, I think im going to get seriously sick....
    When you buy a snake from a pet store, you often get far more than you bargained for. Mites for one thing, but also a very stressed animal that's been shipped & exposed to many other snakes that were sick & even dying along the way, & carrying diseases & parasites, & then far more stressful conditions once they arrive to a pet store. Stress lowers their immune function just as it does our own- keep that in mind. I'm not saying that things never go wrong when you buy from a private breeder, but it's just that the odds are far greater when your snake comes from a pet store. So if you "save" a lot of money buying a bargain snake in a store, but then have to take it to the vet for health issues, did you really save any money?
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 05-21-2021 at 10:49 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

i didn't mean anything bad by using the symbols in my last post, i just didn't want to use the Pet Stores name, they ain't getting any free advertising from me....

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thomas S For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-21-2021),Zincubus (05-21-2021)

Thanks

yeah i know, she seems healthy and very docile, I am waiting for my first Bite, lol...if it happens i just got to remember NOT to pull back out of fear..getting back to the pet store snakes, they do offer a 30 day return option, Wilbanks does not take snakes back even for Free! which don't make any since at all, they can fix eating or behavior issues Quickly and resell the snake for at least what they charged before depending what type of BP it is? So if your a new owner struggling with a snake that wont eat or is very bad behaving you can always bail out..just because one owner cant get it right with their new BP, its not going to scar the snake for its entire life..Sending a snake back to a pet shop would be a horrible thing to do to it, but whats worse is having a new owner who doesnt know how to make it happy?
    Last edited by Thomas S; 05-21-2021 at 04:36 AM.

Thanks

yeah i know, she seems healthy and very docile, I am waiting for my first Bite, lol...if it happens i just got to remember NOT to pull back out of fear..getting back to the pet store snakes, they do offer a 30 day return option, Wilbanks does not take snakes back even for Free! which don't make any since at all, they can fix eating or behavior issues Quickly and resell the snake for at least what they charged before depending what type of BP it is? So if your a new owner struggling with a snake that wont eat or is very bad behaving you can always bail out..just because one owner cant get it right with their new BP, its not going to scar the snake for its entire life..Sending a snake back to a pet shop would be a horrible thing to do to it, but whats worse is having a new owner who doesnt know how to make it happy?
    So we're back to talking about returning animals? As far as Wilbanks' reason for not accepting animals back making no sense to you, if you read their return policy they make it very clear.

"All returns of live animals are strictly at the discretion of Wilbanks, Inc. We cannot guarantee your husbandry practices and therefore there is no guarantee longer than 24 hours. We must be notified within 24 hours of any concern for an exchange to be considered. Once an exchange is agreed to by Wilbanks, Inc. we will send you an invoice for the shipping payment to be made prior to us sending the return labels. Upon receipt we will email you a Fedex return label to return your animal to us. Once we receive the animal we will make arrangements to ship your exchange animal to you."

Source: https://www.wilbanksreptiles.com/return-policy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (05-21-2021),Bogertophis (05-21-2021)

Thanks

what return policy? 24 hours for a exchange? what can you find out in a animal in 24 hours? nothing except it is really scared when you take it out of its travel "sack"... they just pump out the hatchlings like a assembly line and dont care if one of their animals is happy or not....

Thanks

what return policy? 24 hours for a exchange? what can you find out in a animal in 24 hours? nothing except it is really scared when you take it out of its travel "sack"... they just pump out the hatchlings like a assembly line and dont care if one of their animals is happy or not....
    You yourself told us that Wilbanks told you they'd take the snake back if you couldn't get it to eat. The text from the return policy that talks specifically about feeding issues is at the link I just gave you, but I've copied it below for your convenience. They don't say they won't exchange the snake after 24 hours, they say an exchange isn't guaranteed after 24 hours. There is a difference between exchanges when we're talking feeding issues vs the live arrival guarantee and satisfaction with the animal. Obviously feeding issues aren't something you're going to find out about in 24 hours, which is why they tell you that they'' consider exchanges after they've exhausted other options.

"In some cases we will agree to an exchange for temperament after we have exhausted other efforts. Occasionally when a reptile is moved into a completely new environment feeding issues can arise. We take these very seriously and will be here every step of the way to help resolve these issues. If we have tried to resolve the feeding issue and the animal still will not eat, we will be happy to exchange the animal for you. We will send you a return label and once the animal is received we will ship your replacement animal."

It's your responsibility to do the research not only on the animal but the breeder before you buy anything. If you weren't comfortable with their return policy you should have went elsewhere.
    Last edited by Hugsplox; 05-21-2021 at 12:07 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hugsplox For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (05-21-2021),Bogertophis (05-21-2021)

Thanks

....getting back to the pet store snakes, they do offer a 30 day return option, Wilbanks does not take snakes back even for Free! which don't make any since at all, they can fix eating or behavior issues Quickly and resell the snake for at least what they charged before depending what type of BP it is? So if your a new owner struggling with a snake that wont eat or is very bad behaving you can always bail out..just because one owner cant get it right with their new BP, its not going to scar the snake for its entire life..Sending a snake back to a pet shop would be a horrible thing to do to it, but whats worse is having a new owner who doesnt know how to make it happy?
    The idea is to thoroughly research a new pet BEFORE you bring it home or have it sent to you. You clearly didn't do that, making it harder on your snake & yourself.

You are totally mis-representing what Wilbanks says about about returns.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Hugsplox (05-21-2021),Spicey (05-21-2021)

Thanks

You can find out a great deal upon receipt of a newly arrived snake: their overall health- good vs poor body weight- possible defects (such as kinks), mites, respiratory or other obvious signs of illness, the general accuracy of the description as sold (does it match or is it possibly the wrong one?), etc.

Your comment "they just pump out the hatchlings like a assembly line and dont care if one of their animals is happy or not...." is utterly ridiculous & borders on defamation- I suggest you stop attacking the source of your snake here immediately, as they aren't responsible for the issues you have...YOU are.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (05-21-2021),Hugsplox (05-21-2021)

Thanks

i didn't mean anything bad by using the symbols in my last post, i just didn't want to use the Pet Stores name, they ain't getting any free advertising from me....
    Thanks. In that case, it would be better to use all dashes or stars, to indicate missing letters, like this: *********** or --------------- Otherwise, I have to assume, just as others will too.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast