I have a 4x2x2 PVC enclosure for a dwarf BCI, a 100 watt pro heat panel and a herpstat. I have been trying all sorts of probe placements, but NOTHING is making a safe gradient. My room is around 72, and thats the hottest I can get it (old house, lots of roommates, one thermostat).

If I put the probe at the hottest place she can go (right above her perch) and set it to 90 degrees, then the cold side of the enclosure reads 72 and her hide below the perch reads around 77. Too cold for a boa.

If I move the probe to the cold side and set it to 80, which is my goal for cold side/ambient, the perch reads 110. I don't even remember her hide temp for this one because I immediately turned it down.

Right now, I tried moving the probe to a few inches above the substrate (about the height of the top of her hides) and its in the center of the enclosure and slightly towards the cold end. I set this to 84. This makes the inside of her hot hide 77, the top of the hide 84-ish, and her perch is 98-103... which I don't like. The cold side however is reading 77, which is my personal bare minimum, so that's something. I have to turn it down though because of the perch reading but I have it like that for now with supervision, and the moment I go to bed I'll adjust it.

Its so tiring to have to change the herpstat settings so often. I have to turn it down so the perch temp is safe whenever I leave the room or go to bed, and then turn it up when I'm watching her so its not 75 degrees. I'm very frustrated because I had a crappy off brand thermostat and lights on her old enclosure, and I decided I was gonna get top of the line everything this time around... and nothing is working right. It is stressful because my boa is my best buddy and my heart breaks for her. She seems happy though even though I'm pulling my hair out over this.

I feel like I'm out of options. I shelled out so much money for the herpstat, panel and enclosure and nobody else online seems to have these problems. I don't want my baby to get an RI from it being to chilly or a burn from the pvc perch being too hot.

I am using one of those heat gun thermostats, as well as two digital ones inside and the herpstat to monitor temps. They are all within a degree of each other so i think they're accurate enough.

Any ideas? I am desperate