Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,146

1 members and 3,145 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 492 Posts

Re: What is going on here?

Thanks for the clarification and your input, mlededee! It's always nice to have admins weigh in on stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    I don't necessarily think that changing the name/URL of a well established, 17 year old forum is a great idea. Our slogan is "The friendliest online community for ALL your herping needs." I understand that it is clear that the focus appears to be ball pythons, and that is because it is. But we do also pride ourselves in providing information on all species, which is also pretty clear if you come and take a look around.

If were aren't BP.Net, then what would we be? We could do something like a second domain name that redirects to the same forum and tweak the graphics. But I am not sure we want to do a full rebrand.
    This is actually a really good point. It sounds like we really need to put our status as "the friendliest online community for ALL your herping needs!" out there better and show that we're not just a group of BP people over here, the same way Kingsnake isn't just for kingsnake people. So, what Hugsplox and Zincubus were talking about earlier. The only real idea I have on this front is public outreach/advertisement -- ie. getting one or some of the popular podcasts to mention us and what it's really like here.

As far as generating more content/posts/activity: perhaps we could start some sort of special weekly discussion thread series? Maybe they could focus on aspects of things such as hobby ethics, hobby history, applying things they've learned caring for one species to another, etc. Alternatively, we could start holding some sort of weekly or weekly-ish "book club" or "podcast club" where people could discuss new herp literature or podcast episodes. I feel like Reddit groups have weekly "mega-threads" like this that are fairly active; maybe something similar could work here?
    0.1 Sonoran Boa sigma​: "Adelita" ('19 Hypo het. leopard)
    1.0 Boa imperator longicauda: "Kuzco" ('19 het. anery)
    0.1 West Papuan Morelia spilota​: "Pandora" ('20)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WrongPython For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-15-2020),mlededee (12-15-2020),Sonny1318 (01-20-2021)