Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 516

3 members and 513 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 70,055
Threads: 244,261
Posts: 2,532,262
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ChandlerPayne
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Registered User BoopsTheBallPython's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2020
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Can you send pictures of you ball pythons and other pythons here?

    can you send pictures of your ball pythons and other pythons here? I'm wanting to get a ball python for Christmas or my birthday and I would like to see pictures of you're ball pythons! thank you much!
    BOOP THE SNOOT OR THE SNOOT WILL BOOP YOU!!!
    - snek

  2. #2
    Registered User Kerimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-04-2020
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 100 Times in 68 Posts

    Re: Can you send pictures of you ball pythons and other pythons here?

    Here's Falcor. He's in the BEL complex. He's a great eater and just over a year old. Very sweet boy.

    Second pic is Soulshine. He is a normal that is around the same age but he's a little bit of a picky eater and more feisty. He's much smaller but he's precious too even though he has struck a few times.

    Good luck and happy hunting!

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Keri Mac
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Deep Purple Passion BP

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kerimac For This Useful Post:

    Luvyna (11-29-2020),richardhind1972 (11-29-2020),Trinityblood (11-30-2020)

  4. #3
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    6,362
    Thanks
    2,342
    Thanked 4,218 Times in 2,643 Posts

    Can you send pictures of you ball pythons and other pythons here?

    Albino
    Albino
    Pied




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 11-28-2020 at 10:45 PM.




  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    Luvyna (11-29-2020),richardhind1972 (11-29-2020)

  6. #4
    Registered User Kerimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-04-2020
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 100 Times in 68 Posts

    Re: Can you send pictures of you ball pythons and other pythons here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Albino
    Albino
    Pied




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Jealous! I really want a pied!

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Keri Mac
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Deep Purple Passion BP

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kerimac For This Useful Post:

    richardhind1972 (11-29-2020)

  8. #5
    BPnet Veteran Luvyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-06-2019
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 608 Times in 376 Posts

    Re: Can you send pictures of you ball pythons and other pythons here?

    This is my 1.5 year old Albino Mojave ball python, Noodle. He is super sweet and gentle and a fantastic eater who never misses a meal. He also loves to come out to climb and explore at night!




  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

    richardhind1972 (11-29-2020)

  10. #6
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    6,362
    Thanks
    2,342
    Thanked 4,218 Times in 2,643 Posts

    Re: Can you send pictures of you ball pythons and other pythons here?

    Beaut !!

    ... and yes ... put branches in with Royals and they will spend hours climbing in the evenings ..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    Luvyna (11-29-2020),richardhind1972 (11-29-2020)

  12. #7
    BPnet Veteran Luvyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-06-2019
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 608 Times in 376 Posts

    Re: Can you send pictures of you ball pythons and other pythons here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Beaut !!

    ... and yes ... put branches in with Royals and they will spend hours climbing in the evenings ..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yes, definitely! I don't buy into the "pet rock" stereotype. Any and all enrichment you provide will be thoroughly used and appreciated. My BP is even interested when I put a fresh ball of sphagnum moss in his enclosure, I will find him out of his hide smelling it with his tongue at night. He also sticks his head out to investigate his water bowl every time I wash it and add fresh water.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Luvyna For This Useful Post:

    richardhind1972 (11-29-2020)

  14. #8
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    6,362
    Thanks
    2,342
    Thanked 4,218 Times in 2,643 Posts

    Re: Can you send pictures of you ball pythons and other pythons here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    Yes, definitely! I don't buy into the "pet rock" stereotype. Any and all enrichment you provide will be thoroughly used and appreciated. My BP is even interested when I put a fresh ball of sphagnum moss in his enclosure, I will find him out of his hide smelling it with his tongue at night. He also sticks his head out to investigate his water bowl every time I wash it and add fresh water.
    Oddly enough ... occasionally I will swap bits of bark from one viv to another viv partly to change things around .. it’s interesting to see how quickly they all start getting curious of the new ‘smells


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




  15. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-11-2020
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 72 Times in 45 Posts

    Re: Can you send pictures of you ball pythons and other pythons here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luvyna View Post
    Yes, definitely! I don't buy into the "pet rock" stereotype. Any and all enrichment you provide will be thoroughly used and appreciated. My BP is even interested when I put a fresh ball of sphagnum moss in his enclosure, I will find him out of his hide smelling it with his tongue at night. He also sticks his head out to investigate his water bowl every time I wash it and add fresh water.
    Mine must've missed the memo then, he takes the "pet rock" stereotype and wears it with pride despite all the effort I put into making his home dynamic and interesting (climbing branches, multiple hides, lots of leafy decor). Even when I'm actively performing maintenance he couldn't care less.

    Though he does have this cute habit of resting his head outside the hide most of the time to monitor what's going on. Every time I come downstairs for the day he's always there to see me through the glass.

  16. #10
    BPnet Veteran Luvyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-06-2019
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    945
    Thanked 608 Times in 376 Posts

    Re: Can you send pictures of you ball pythons and other pythons here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Oddly enough ... occasionally I will swap bits of bark from one viv to another viv partly to change things around .. it’s interesting to see how quickly they all start getting curious of the new ‘smells
    This sounds like a cool way to give the snakes enrichment! Even as a single snake owner I occasionally swap certain furniture out of my BP's enclosure the same way some dog and cat owners swap the sets of toys they have out at any given time to keep things fresh and exciting. I've found that after a while my BP becomes less interested a certain piece of cage furniture but he will thoroughly investigate and climb all over anything that is newly added, even if he has had the same item in his enclosure before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    Mine must've missed the memo then, he takes the "pet rock" stereotype and wears it with pride despite all the effort I put into making his home dynamic and interesting (climbing branches, multiple hides, lots of leafy decor). Even when I'm actively performing maintenance he couldn't care less.

    Though he does have this cute habit of resting his head outside the hide most of the time to monitor what's going on. Every time I come downstairs for the day he's always there to see me through the glass.
    There are definitely different personalities out there so I'm sure some do prefer a more sedentary lifestyle like yours! I found with my BP that age and his level of comfort in his environment also affected his nightly activity levels. Until he was around 1.5 years old (I realized I accidentally typed the wrong age in my first post, he is currently 2.5 years old) and had been with me for around 8 months, he also didn't come out of his hide much or climb at night. I guess maybe hormones or his sense of security in being bigger made him more active.

    There's also the possibility that your snake is a ninja and quietly enjoying his cage furnishings when you're asleep

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1