Please help with correct ambient air and humidity.

I’ve heard SOOOO many different “correct temps” everything should be at and it’s driving me crazy.

I have a male ball around 4 months old, I did lots of research before hand. I’m a research kinda mom. I have him in a glass tank (yes, I know everyone hates them), two hides, UTH under hot hide, set to 93, temp gun reads 87-90 on his substrate, humidity is normally around 57-60, ambient air was usually 78. It’s starting to get colder in Texas (surprisingly) and I was worried my baby was too cold. I read that ambient air should be above 80, I freaked and bought a CHE immediately. I plugged it up and my temp shot up and my humidity shot down (as expected). I was researching whether to get a dimmer or thermostat for my CHE when I read an article that said ambient air at 78 was normal. So now I’m confused and frustrated. I know I didn’t spent $40 for a CHE and was about to spend more money if it’s not needed.

please answer these for me
1. Can you have the same ambient air all around your tank? (My hot side was around 79, and 76 on cold side but I read somewhere that it didn’t matter.)
2. What’s a normal ambient air temp for hot side/cold side IF it’s not supposed to be the same temp all across the tank?
3. What’s the normal humidity when snake isn’t in shed?
4. What’s the normal humidity when snakes IS in shed?
5. If 78 ambient air is too low, should I put my CHE on dimmer or thermostat ( I read that it’s risky on a thermostat because it’s constantly switching the heat off and on and it can cause too much stress on it, causing a fire)
6. if you suggest thermostat for CHE, what temp do you set it to?
7. What wattage do you use for your CHE? I have 100 watt bulb and it’s very hot (hoping it’ll tone down with the thermostat)
8. I noticed the wired lid got very hot to the touch and I’m afraid my ball will burn himself, I couldn’t hold my hand against it for long. He’s a wall climber big time and loves licking the lid. If I need the CHE, do you think with the thermostat at the correct temp, it’ll still be too hot for him to touch? Should I get a lamp stand?

I read ambient air at 78 is normal but then I read that it should be as high at 90 on hot side and 85 on cool side, so I’m just very confused. If you see someone has already replied, please reply anyways. I like lots of different opinions and don’t be afraid to dumb it down and explain, I wanna learn anything I need to, to take care of my boy. THANK YOU! Also please post links to whatever devices you use or recommend!!