Hey Ya’ll! I hope everyone here is keeping well amidst these crazy times.
Question for you: There is a 4 hour scheduled power outage for the 32 floor condo tower I live in, occuring on November 15th. The outage will occur at 11pm and the power will return at 3am. There will be no heat, hot water or electrical power in my unit during this time.
A similar outage occurred at the end of summer and as it was still quite warm out, and my snakes were fine (I stayed awake for the duration of the 4 hours to monitor them).
I am, however, quite worried about this upcoming outage. It is significantly cooler now, and my apartment is on the 27th floor. It can get quite chilly without the heat. I couldn’t even imagine how low the temperature could drop for my snakes without the baseboard heating and of course their individual heat lamps.
How do I navigate this power outage without my snakes being harmed? They obviously have specific heat parameters for a reason that is necessary for their survival. I worry about them being in the cold for 4 hours.
I have a Normal Ball Python who is 4, and a Kenyan Sand Boa who is almost 2. My BP is quite big and I am not so much worried about her as I am my KSB, though I want to make sure they will both be ok.
Any tips on how to navigate this scheduled power outage would be much appreciated.
Thank you, fellow snake lovers! xx