Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
I LOVE hearing this. Good job, and it's just wonderful to hear how well your little guy responded to this. There are lots of studies demonstrating that snakes provided with enrichment are better able to cope with changes, are more apt to explore, and are quicker to learn than snakes without those opportunities. But actually seeing it happen with your own pet is a wonderful feeling.

Congratulations! Please keep us updated!
Aww, thank you. it makes me feel good to give my pets happy, healthy, interesting lives (looks down at dachshunds under blankies in lap). I never thought about snakes needing enrichment, and I don't think the ball pythons really care much - they have stuff but don't interact with it much - but this little boy obviously does! He's SO MUCH more active now that he's got some interesting toys, and it's so entertaining to sit and watch him climb and dig and be so active. I even go in every couple days and purposely fluff up his substrate, and he immediately starts digging new holes, lol. He's doing it right now, in fact!