Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,417

2 members and 3,415 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Which morph to get next?

Hi everyone,

I have a Champagne butter female and a Mojave male. Female is still 6 months old, male is 2 years old.

Which morphs would be wise to add to my collection next? Some nice morphs that together with the above genes would make a cool looking ball?

Thanks for your input!

Masterpatfx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to masterpatfx For This Useful Post:

sp0420 (08-25-2020)

Thanks

Re: Which morph to get next?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpatfx View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a Champagne butter female and a Mojave male. Female is still 6 months old, male is 2 years old.

Which morphs would be wise to add to my collection next? Some nice morphs that together with the above genes would make a cool looking ball?

Thanks for your input!

Masterpatfx

An albino female with a gene from the Bel complex, such a butter/lesser, russo, bamboo. I'd recommend an albino bamboo.

You could produce a BEL het albino male from this female, then run him back to her to produce REL's.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JobForARetic For This Useful Post:

sp0420 (08-25-2020)

Thanks

Ghi for the mojave or something like the above mentioned lesser. Ghi lesser would be cool too then maybe hit some ghi mojaves or some bels. But probably not cheap. Both those would be my pick for mojave. In fact I'm pairing my mojave pastel this year with a ghi. Champagne is kinda hard. I got one and this year will pair her with my enchi clown. Enchi Champagne is imo the coolest Champagne combo. Plus i hope to bank on some normal and enchi het clowns and hopefully one enchi Champagne to add to my collection.

Sean
    “It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”

FDR

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I dont want to rain on any parades here, but how long have you been keeping snakes? Are these your first two?

I'm only asking because we see TONS of people on here looking for breeding advice LONG before they're ready.

If youre a first time breeder you'll likely have a hard time moving the animals, so be prepared to keep most if not all for a while.

Not to mention, the BP world is already ridiculously over saturated. For example, there are over 16,250 BPs available for sale right now on morphmarket alone.

Just food for thought. I'm not trying to discourage you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

GoingPostal (08-25-2020)

Thanks
    Why not go for a normal instead of getting a pet based only on looks?
    Some girls were horse girls growing up. I was a snake girl.

Daughter of a herpetologist, student of the "Snake Man" Al Robbins, lover of all animals.
    Finished my M.B.S! Currently employed with grassmere outreach!

I specialize in rehabilitation and work with local fish and wildlife for rehab/release of native species. For exotics I work with reptile sanctuaries to rehabilitate and rehome to either qualified private owners or humane licensed facilities. I do not believe in fatal population control.
    Please feel free to message me with any questions. I don't know everything but I can point you towards resources.
    Do not message me with images of a snake you killed to identify it. I will ignore you.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Namea View Post
    Why not go for a normal instead of getting a pet based only on looks?
    Unfortunately, the market for normals is almost non-existent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    Unfortunately, the market for normals is almost non-existent.
    Upon rereading my post I realized how rude I came off, that wasn't my intention and I apologize.
    It does make me sad though when I see people who only have morphs and only seem interested in getting them. Saying "What morph should I get next!?" When they already have 6-7+ different morphs just feels...I dunno, weird? They're a pet, not a collector's item. I wish more people appreciated normals and that breeding morphs hadn't become such a huge fad.
    Some girls were horse girls growing up. I was a snake girl.

Daughter of a herpetologist, student of the "Snake Man" Al Robbins, lover of all animals.
    Finished my M.B.S! Currently employed with grassmere outreach!

I specialize in rehabilitation and work with local fish and wildlife for rehab/release of native species. For exotics I work with reptile sanctuaries to rehabilitate and rehome to either qualified private owners or humane licensed facilities. I do not believe in fatal population control.
    Please feel free to message me with any questions. I don't know everything but I can point you towards resources.
    Do not message me with images of a snake you killed to identify it. I will ignore you.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Namea For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-26-2020),sp0420 (08-26-2020),Spicey (08-26-2020),Toad37 (08-26-2020)

Thanks

The only 2 bps I own are normals because they're my favorite "morph" haha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Toad37 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-26-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Namea View Post
    Upon rereading my post I realized how rude I came off, that wasn't my intention and I apologize.
    It does make me sad though when I see people who only have morphs and only seem interested in getting them. Saying "What morph should I get next!?" When they already have 6-7+ different morphs just feels...I dunno, weird? They're a pet, not a collector's item. I wish more people appreciated normals and that breeding morphs hadn't become such a huge fad.
    My first bp was a normal and thats what got me hooked. I must admit I currently dont own any normals except a few hets. You really can't blame people for wanting morphs though. There's just so many different combos and they're so beautiful. Not that normals aren't. If it wasn't for that first one (Pete the snake) I would have probably never been into bps at all.

Sean

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Maybe get some kind of leopard combo for your mojave, they make stunning stuff with Mojave's.
    Here is a few examples of what I made with leopard and mojave in the mix
    Leopard Spider

Leopard mojave fire

Leopard Mojave Pastel Fire

Also GHI would be a good choice for both butter and mojave
    Just make sure you do extensive research on breeding and make sure you have a working incubator built or bought before you start pairing
    Its not as easy as some people make it look. Also look on world of ball pythons and mess with the genetic calculator to see what kind of babies you would make, breed what you like not what others like!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Alexiel03; 08-26-2020 at 02:36 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexiel03 For This Useful Post:

sp0420 (08-26-2020)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast