Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 374

2 members and 372 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 03:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 68,891
Threads: 243,381
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, alexlc13
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: Olin- 2020 Colombian Boa Thread

The long branch was actually custom made with the cage. As far as I can tell, it's actually a giant PVC Pipe that someone maybe heated up and bent before painting and sealing it... ? You can see the two I got the cage secondhand, but I know the makers on facebook. They're local to my area.

https://m.facebook.com/AquaticOak/ph...&mt_nav=0&_rdr

Here is the facebook page. I do believe they ship their cages as well, though the wait time is pretty long. Maybe they can make the branches and ship them specifically? It can come out.

Thank you for the compliment C: I'm really happy how the cage turned out. My handsome boy blends in quite nicely.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikknu For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (07-26-2020),richardhind1972 (07-26-2020)

Thanks

Beautiful boy!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Igotsmallballs For This Useful Post:

Mikknu (07-26-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,552 Times in 2,546 Posts

The viv looks awsome.
    He may be a bit stressed from all the new things being changed in his home, I'm sure he'll settle back down once you've finished
    Looks like he's enjoying all the new furniture tho

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

Mikknu (07-26-2020)

Thanks
    Whoo. Another wonderful week with Olin, and his first real handling session with me this week! It's just a few days short of him having been home with me for a full month. I had a rare sunny day and briefly took him outside the door for a quick pic too.

Here's a pic of him taking his first hopper. He absolutely horked it down, I think it took less than 2 or 3 minutes before it was gone. I was pretty impressed. He has left me two nicely sized presents at this point, so I'm happy with how he's feeding and processing. They can actually be a bit hard to find though... His poops are pretty small for an 8 sq. ft enclosure.

When I stopped by the place where I get my feeders, the wife of the breeder I got Olin from was there and we exchanged pleasantries. She about gave me a heart attack saying Olin would get 15-20 feet, but I think she meant weight, not length.

He totally adores his aerial hide. Being so small, I don't think he's too comfortable with not being in a hide except at night or when he's digesting. From where I'm sitting at my desk I can juuuust barely see his nose poking out right now. I got a zoomed in picture of him. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'll catch him moving from one side of the viv to the other. I've been thinking about adding springtails, but I'm not sure how well they'd do with reptichip as substrate and live moss being the only plants.

Still no hissing and no defensive behaviour around me. Not even when I take him out of his cage. Granted, I'm already using tap training so that's probably a good sign. He's a pretty curious dude. I gave him a weigh while I had him out as well. He's 111g now, about 10g more than when I first got him.

Here's him out in the sunlight! I have a daylight bulb for my crested gecko, but it doesn't look quite the same. I adore the pale browns of boa babies. I can't wait to see him darken up as he gets older.

I especially love how some of his darker browns are lined by black. You can really see it in the stripe leading up towards his eye.

Here's him under the daylight bulb! I really do adore this little guy. I noticed this week that in the beginning rows of his back pattern he also has more of a }{ design instead of the () pattern later on him. I think that's super cool, personally. I tried my best to get some good pictures of that feature of him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikknu For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (08-04-2020)

Thanks

He's a really good looking Boa! Sounds like you're doing all the right things which is going to payoff in his health and handle-ability.
    1.0 Toffino - (Fred)

1.0 Super Ghost BCI - (Phantom)

1.0 Boxer - (Cooper)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ckuhn003 For This Useful Post:

Mikknu (08-03-2020)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234