Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,186

2 members and 3,184 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Threaded View

Thanks

Smile Olin- 2020 Colombian Boa Thread

Hello everyone!

I finally got my baby boy a few days ago from my local breeder! He's a Colombian boa that is 66% het anery and 100% het albino. Also, just the biggest sweetheart ever! He has yet to hiss or strike at me yet, though I haven't handled him too awful much yet and I'm using a hook and training him with it already. I chose him based primarily on his calm and easy going temperament. And his hets, in case I want to breed later in life, but the base boa morph is my favourite looking one!

I've named him Olin. He was born June 19th and is currently 101 grams. I think he's about 25 inches? It's hard to get a measurement xD He last ate 07/10 and has shed once so far. Right now he's eating live rat pups, but I'll be attempting to switch him over to f/t next feeding.

I think he's just amazingly cute and gorgeous <3 I'm looking forward to a good couple decades and a big boy to start my collection with! He isn't my first reptile, nor even my only current (I have 2 crested geckos), but he is my first snake and I couldn't be more excited.

I have him in a temporary quarantine 10 gallon away from my other reptiles right now, which is below. I'm getting a 4x2x1.5 PVC on Wednesday and hoping to have it dialed in by Friday/Saturday if possible. It has a CHE installed on one side and comes with a heat pad on one side, but I have 2 other heat mats, one medium and one small, in case I need them to help keep temps up. Hopefully the CHE will just be installed for ambients if it's used at all, but I'd rather have too much to use than not enough. I know I've got to include lots of hides to help him feel comfortable in such a large cage, but any tips for setting the cage up, decor or heating wise, I'd appreciate!

Humidity in my room never drops below 55% at absolute lowest, even if its temperatures stay unfortunately around 70. I have an IR temp gun finally coming in on Friday as well, I've been waiting for it for a while now. The mail to where I live is all sorts of mixed up right now.

I'm excited to go on this journey with him and see how he grows. Thank you for viewing my post!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mikknu For This Useful Post:

Bodie (07-13-2020),Bogertophis (07-13-2020),Caitlin (08-14-2020),cincy (07-14-2020),dakski (07-13-2020),dr del (07-14-2020),Gio (07-17-2020),richardhind1972 (07-14-2020)