Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,159

0 members and 3,159 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,567
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai

Threaded View

Thanks

Jeffrey Progression thread

Well I've had Jeffrey for a few years now, but I still want to be able to post pictures of her as time goes on. So it's a progression thread that has started kind of in the middle.

-Jeffrey-

Nicknames: Fluffy, Steve, Pumpkin Python, Aylee N., Karana (the name my kid gave her, and it's her "official name" according to her vet records, but I literally never call her that), Isis, Chubs

Morph: Mojave

Weight: No clue, but she earns the "Chubs" name

We got Jeffrey when she was around 2 (we think). She was in rough shape when we got her. Underweight, dehydrated, listless, and bitey for a BP. The owner was a teenager who originally wanted to breed her with another Mojave to sell BELs. He'd gotten her first to let her get big enough, then planned to get a male.

But, then he lost interest and decided that ball pythons are boring. So she didn't look great when we got her. She didn't even have any kind of humidity (and we live in Las Vegas, mkay. Average humidity is like 4%), and multiple stuck eyecaps.

But surprisingly, no major health issues. We took her to the vet, intending it to be a whole process getting her back to health, but no RI, no mites or parasites, no infected eyecaps (or any infections), nothing.

A few minor issues, shown by the bloodwork we got done, but the vet seemed confident that with proper nutrition and care, those issues would resolve themselves (and she was right).

And I dunno, I don't hate the idea of breeding her eventually (my kid wants a BEL), but now she's already around 6, so I'm not sure how that would go. It's not like I have random incubators and stuff set up (or a male to breed her with). So she'll probably just be a pampered, spoiled pet.

And the kid loves her. This was about 6 months after we got her.

And watching TV together:

And some more recent photos, exploring the great outdoors!

She's not bitey anymore, but she still has an INSANE feeding response. She's never gone on a food strike, and I can count on one hand the number of times she's refused food in the last 4 years.

I took this picture for another thread, talking about the size of her food, and I thought it was funny. Even completely frozen, still sealed in the bag, she could still smell it and started lunging at everything that moved.

I am going to get a scale soon, though (both hubby and I were laid off, money is tight right now). I'm curious what she weighs. She's definitely the biggest BP I've ever had.

Those are medium rats next to her. She's a thick lady.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ApathyAngel For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-24-2022),Caitlin (09-12-2020),Finn0208 (07-01-2020),Kam (06-30-2021),L.West (07-17-2020),nikkubus (06-30-2021)