Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,327

1 members and 3,326 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyder robotics

Thanks

Spyder robotics

Herpstat 2 came in a couple days ago. It arrived fairly quickly. I waited about two days until this evening to plug it up and see if it works. Well guess what? It did not work in any outlet in my home on either power strip and replaced the self change out fuse and it still did not work. I emailed those guys just now. Just felt like ranting I hope they respond quickly and pretty much the only thing I want to hear is yes sir we will have a new one out to you asap. My baby needs his six footer operational. He's squeezing in the enclosure he's got. Sorry folks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midnightLeo For This Useful Post:

eddietorres1978 (07-24-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Don't be to upset and try to be understanding. With the way things get treated by the delivery services Im surprised anything we order works when it arrives.

I once ordered some décor for my cages and the box that arrived looked as if it was kicked like a soccer ball all the way to my door. It even had a large hole in the side of the box. I was lucky and the contents only had one chip. I notified the shipper only to let them know how their package was treated and didn't ask for anything from them. The chip was not noticeable as the items were of a natural rock look and blended in.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

IsmQui718 (07-21-2015)

Thanks

Re: Spyder robotics

I own two of them, and although I haven't tried many other brands, this is still my favorite brand of thermostat.

Ive had 0 issues with mine, so I'd recommend to sort out a replacement and enjoy your fully working herpstat.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    I hope you'll be just as quick to come back with an anti-rant when they sort this out. Spyder Robotics (Dion) has always been great with customer service.
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

GoingPostal (07-20-2015),Stewart_Reptiles (07-19-2015)

Thanks

Have 3 of their thermostats and never had any problems. Like KMG mentioned, things happen during shipping. No need to rant before they had a chance to answer you. Have some patience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    Don't be to upset and try to be understanding. With the way things get treated by the delivery services Im surprised anything we order works when it arrives.

I once ordered some décor for my cages and the box that arrived looked as if it was kicked like a soccer ball all the way to my door. It even had a large hole in the side of the box. I was lucky and the contents only had one chip. I notified the shipper only to let them know how their package was treated and didn't ask for anything from them. The chip was not noticeable as the items were of a natural rock look and blended in.

I have to agree, I ordered two Animal Planstics T8 and Fedex broke both the tops to the cages. Both the boxes looked like they were used as a bunching bag. I've has no issues with company replacing my ordereds, this is the 3rd snake related package I've have to had replaced. I love my Herpstats I'm sure they will fix you right up.
    Live Long and Prosper!

1.0 Pinstripe Ball
    0.1 Columbian Boa
    1.0 Sheltie

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

I have 4 of their T stats and have had no issues. The first one I bought was used so it has been working properly for two owners. Just an unfortunate circumstance. As far as the professionalism with which some delivery people handle packages, refer to the opening scene of Ace Ventura, Pet Detective. I recently received a live snake in a box that was clearly marked as such, and the box looked like it had been hurled against a wall. Luckily the animal was well packed and unharmed. Their business model relies on product quality, reputation, and customer satisfaction so I'm sure it will get sorted out pretty quickly.
    Last edited by rlditmars; 07-19-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    I hope you'll be just as quick to come back with an anti-rant when they sort this out. Spyder Robotics (Dion) has always been great with customer service.
    Sure thing if that is the case. Just posting prematurely an experience that is upsetting. Do you have a friend that works for them or something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I bought my herp 4 a year and half ago and have no issues. It works great. I am sure they will rectify it.
    Snakes
    0.1 Butter
    0.1 Het Clown/Ghost
    1.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown
    1.1 Pied
    1.0 Bee
    1.0 Fire/Spider
    1.0 Normal
    1.0 Pastave
    1.0 Albino Snow Corn
    1.0 Albino Black Pastel

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnightLeo View Post
    Sure thing if that is the case. Just posting prematurely an experience that is upsetting. Do you have a friend that works for them or something
    I understand you had a bad experience and are feeling upset about that. Is that any reason to question (attack?) the motives of another member who is trying to help you feel better about resolving the situation? Herpstat is THE go-to company for reliable and safe thermostats in this hobby. I have absolutely no skin in the game to recommend them but will do so 100% of the time to everyone who asks. I am certainly not alone here.

Not everything we do goes according to plan. Luckily for us, there is always time between action and reaction that allows to have the ability to choose how we respond to adversity.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast