Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
I like his name too. He's stunning. I almost named my scrub Hyde but went with Kluass . I wouldn't change anything if it's only been a couple of weeks since he's eaten. That's basically 1 or 2 refusals. If he gets to 3 months without eating then I'd try a live feeder or different prey type. You're going to want him on rats at some point soon, and he was eating them before, so why go through the fight twice? He'll eat eventually. They ALWAYS do. I'll admit that I have given stubborn feeders a prey type they prefer over rats. My Bredli, who normally eats medium rats, won't touch them after his winter fast which usually lasts 2-3 months. I'll offer him a jumbo mouse and he'll snap it right up. I'll keep offering him small or medium rats biweekly. If he refuses twice I'll give him a jumbo mouse. I'll offer him rats again for 2-3 feedings, if he refuses 3 times I'll give him another mouse. After that I only offer rats for the next two months. He usually gets with the program during this time. If he doesn't then he can get a jumbo mouse every 2-3 months. It's his choice. My motto is, the hunger ALWAYS wins. All my other snakes eat anything I throw at them. I guess there's always one. Hang in there.
Speaking of your Scrub and Bredli... we are getting picture this weekend, right?